Vishay vs Takman Metal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Laser trimmed metal foil resistors on glass substrate dont break in

^^^ Thank you
AS I've posted numerous times over on audiogon, <<brake-in = 100% pure sankeoil>>
OK so Richard Gray finally installed a pair of Takman 150k, in the plate? spot/front section,,he will only install 1 set or res at a time , to see how I like/not like the changes... Unlike the other tech guy<<<yeah lets do all 12, this will makea far greater impact and I don't like to bouble/triple my work>>>>
So here's my initial listening after 2 test cds.
Definetly superior to Jadis' stock metal oxides.
Now the music is more layered with Gatemouth Brown's gateswings.
JUST a pair of Takman Rey's and its already noteable as a <<winner>>>
Here is one issue though,,the sound ihas a tiny bit more gain,,I was already having issues with gain in my 8X12 room, onlya throw rug for room treatment,, so now with the Takman;'s bit more gain vs jadis stock res,,the vol knob only takes a tiny turn and its already a room full of music.
WEll the man cave is limited, but it is what it is..
However as i say, my music is Hans Henze, Schnittke, Pettersson Elliott Carter other 20th C composers,, the music can go from f to fff quite often.
I am sure when I go back with testing, my classical music now will be richer in the lull passges, details I've not heard pre Takman Rey.
I am certain this will be the case.
Now we will follow through with all res going to Takman Rey. = 3 month project, as Richard only fiddles around his <members only shop> monday-wednesday.
will be very interesting to see how it goes when all res are swaped over to Takman's.
Stay tuned.
1 pair of Takman rey's beat out 12 Zfoils by a very long,,well actually Zfoils as i say flattened the sound imagery down to <<less than 1 dimensional>>
a pair of Takman Rey has layered the Gatemouth Band's instrumentation.

yes in a blind test i could detect,,but then in any blind test, results are never 100%.
but as i say, in any upgarde we are taklking nuances,, add em all up and you have one <super nuanace>.
Yes blind test me but only in my reference cds,,yes it is THAT notable a change.
In all my upgardes I try to be <<unbiased/fair/straight up shooter>>
Now let me go back to 2 last test cd, Faith Hill. and Bacharach/Costello

BTW mozartfan, it is in the signal path.

^^^
Well as i say, I specifically mentioned to Madisound, lets go all 1st class in the components,,when I get the xover,,i immediaetly see that same old $2 Bennic 8.2...,,The M Supreme makes the bass <,velvety>> now.
and taking out the M EVO SG in the 2.2 spot in the tweet fora <<M SUPREME EVO SG>>> yeah THATS more like it,,, ,,,I am leaving the 10uf supreme silver oil and the 8.2 EVO SG in the tweet alone.
,,,To to it all over again, I'd put Supreme EVO SG in both the 10uf and 8.2/tweet,
But it it what it is,,,,til I get cash next year,,maybe we will swap the evo for a evo supreme.

Look just into gatemouth's 3rd Track
Toughen Up
I had to come back here and let you guys know
Takman Rey = The res to beat.
Takman Rey is The Standard by which all other res are judged.
Blind test?
Yeah right, I'm not big believer in this blind test thing.
I have to know and see, and hear what is in front of me.
Then i can give a fiar, honest, unbiased opinion.
I am telling you guys, try Takman Rey's and you will hear a significant pop in sonics.
I've always followed the old Philips ideal which is committment to <High Fidelity>>
Every one of my componenst has to be of the High Fidelity quality.
You can not add high fidelity parts to a amplifier of average sonics.
The weakest link can dampen the entire projct,,as i discovered in several of these upgrades.

Here, call it hype/propagnada/sales pitch.
I believed this stament when I 1st read it,,why i got sidetracked ona $550 Zfoil Experiement,,well the tech guy does like to make his money,,thats for sure,,,
read and believe./
Takman says they made the best possible res, and its true.
Takman Rey is #1, all other NOS res sitting in piles in your shop,, like Rodensteins, you can trash all of them now
There are no NOS that will stand up to Takman Rey's.
https://hfc-fs.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/takman_pdf.pdf

Regarding 'blind' ABX tests and/or simpler A/B tests:

I always prepare a few digital recordings of good material before and after I change a component, or sometimes before and after burn-in.

I time edit the files in Audacity and match their gain if needed within 0.1 dB.

And then i use the free ABX plugin in foobar2000 to audition them.

It gives you the ability to switch on the fly between the recordings during playback and most importantly by keeping the same song position when jumping from one recording to the next.

That is the only way I can detect somewhat reliably the minor/minute differences between components or effects of burn-in.

Otherwise, it is futile to even try and memorise precisely what i hear between auditions.

But that is just me. Other folks may have better audio memory and do it differently.

Last edited:
all i am saying is take all your piles of res and dump them in the trash.
Why use inferior resistors?
makes no sense.
I am speaking to jadis as well, Are you oistening Jadis? Take all your 2 cent res and dump,,go buy Takman Rey. Rey's will open up the Jadis sound like never before.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.