VFET Chassis limited production run

I was the fortunate winner of the Sony VFET essentials kit auctioned yesterday at BAF22. So, naturally, I immediately contacted Gianluca of Modushop to beg for a chassis - like the gorgeous limited run done for the lottery. Gianluca amazed me by replying at what must have been the closing time of the bar opposite Burning Amp - in the wee, small hours…

Gianluca, who I hope will see this and confirm the following, said he would be prepared to do a small production run for a minimum of ten chassis. He suggested we start a thread and that is what this is - a list of interested parties prepared to commit to buying one or more VFET chassis from Gianluca. I am not offering to head up a Group Buy but simply hoping we can get to ten or more chassis orders here and then contact Gianluca with orders.

Name / Number of chassis wanted

derekr 3

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2020
Paid Member
I was the fortunate winner of the Sony VFET essentials kit auctioned yesterday at BAF22. So, naturally, I immediately contacted Gianluca of Modushop to beg for a chassis - like the gorgeous limited run done for the lottery. Gianluca amazed me by replying at what must have been the closing time of the bar opposite Burning Amp - in the wee, small hours…

Gianluca, who I hope will see this and confirm the following, said he would be prepared to do a small production run for a minimum of ten chassis. He suggested we start a thread and that is what this is - a list of interested parties prepared to commit to buying one or more VFET chassis from Gianluca. I am not offering to head up a Group Buy but simply hoping we can get to ten chassis or more chassis orders here and then contact Gianluca with orders.

Name Number of chassis wanted

derekr 3
Ok, there's two redundant threads on this one. I'd say we just continue with this one.

earlier

Joined 2008
Paid Member
OK…I already bought some Mini Disspante 4U/300 because these VFET cases were unobtainium when I got hold of some round 3 OS kits and different VFETs being let go in the swap meet.

I suppose I can use those for some other mono-blocks so I can have these pretty cases.

Name / Number of chassis wanted

derekr 3
ranshdow 1
chromenuts 2

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I’m assuming Gianluca will determine pricing based on the number actually ordered.

As a ballpark…a Mini Disspante 4U/300 (which is the closest stocked case to these by my understanding) is 186 euro each. I ordered two at about 175 euro plus a discount during their last sale.

However, that doesn’t take into consideration the “Deluxe” back and other custom features like the faceplate and numbering etc (if its offered) on these cases.

I would expect that these cases would command a higher price based on what features are offered.

Writing this from the lounge as I am about to fly back to Italy from SFO :)

This was the original product we added to the store just for EU members during the second batch https://modushop.biz/site/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=887

These do not have the "special limited edition" numbers printed on the back panel as only the ones from the first batch had those.

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread so if you have any question feel free to ask

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Wow!

70% of the way there in less than 24 hours is impressive.

I must say I was not expecting this either. I've had some people ask me in the previous months if we were still producing this chassis but I thought interested faded off

From Gianluca’s link, cost looks more like 270 Euro 🙁 for 1 enclosure.

Price has not increased from the last time we produced these many months ago even after all the increases we all know about (cost of raw materials, bills, inflation and so on).

I am aware that this chassis is more expensive than our other ones but please also don't forget that it has been specifically designed and produced for the VFET and it's a limited edition since we don't have anything else with similar dimensions (except for the heatsinks)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user