• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Versatile and comfortable passive pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Rudi, I'm slowly building up a dac/pre. I'm not happy with the layout of my LDR board and i've been wondering what to use for a remote volume + input select solution, It looks like the VCPre is just what i'm after.
Can you put me down for your next GB please? I already have a set of matched LDR's so i won't need them.
Thanks,
Andy.

Put me down for four (4) complete sets, 115 Volts

Add me to the second group buy. I want four (4) complete sets:

(1) Four (4) - VCPre PCB
(2) Four (4) - Extension PCBs
(3) Four (4) - MCP6021/MIC5202
(4) Four (4) - Transformer (115 Volts)
(5) Four (4) - PIC 16F886
(6) Four (4) - Matched LDR's

I have many friends that want to join with me.Take care and thanks for all
your hard work.:D

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Gentlemen, all of the letters of Groupbuy-round #1 have been dispatched (coloured dark-green) and are on the way to you!

@PALMITO, TUBO, WIREWIGGLER: I have shifted you to round#2, since you wanted support for a 115VAC print-transformer definitely!

@PatrickMartin, Ronnydepony, tome, marcus1: I will give you the Round#1 PCBs with the excellent Block ECO S3,2 / 400 mA print-transformer!
Be sure: this transformer is not inserting any hum into the VCPre's circuit at all!
I am not sure about the TAMURA / 300 mA print-transformer, since I have never used it before.

But since Jean-Paul recommended it, ....

Ha ! I take the blame when things go wrong I see ;)

You must know, Jean-Paul, that I appreciate your advices very much!
For example your recommendation to use of the MIC5205 for the analog 5VDC supply:
this "ant - chip" (as I called it some time before, because the IC is smaller than an ant) is producing an absolutely clean and stable 5VDC!

I therefore assume that the TAMURA transformer will do a good job as well!

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Last edited:
Gentlemen, some of you have already received the letter with the components, and one has already lost the MIC5205.
Be careful, when you open the box with the µProcessor, ..., in it and do not loose the MIC5205.

Attachments

• VCPre 002.jpg
    VCPre 002.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 327
Rudi_Ratlos,

received the package today (including ant-sized regulator ;-).

Timing couldn't be better, wife and kid away for the next 2 weeks, there will be some serious soldering goin' on! All parts sourced, for a TO3-Symasym, a DCB1 and the VCPre - a superb system a la Rudi_Ratlos :D !

Many thanks for your tremendous effort, I can't wait to hear it!

best regards,

hallodeletue

Gentlemen, since I will leave for holiday tomorrow, I have ordered 30 VCPre Version 2.1 - and 30 Auxiliary Version 2.1 - PCBs today.
The prices are the same for the second round of group-buy except for the auxiliary PCB will that will cost 2€ more, since I will give
a complete VCPre set to Peter, who will once more cut the auxiliary PCBs.

I have already ordered 30 TAMURA transformers from MOUSER. So, BillyK, you need not include the TAMURA transformer in your MOUSER BoM.

I will once more order matched pairs of LDRs from URIAH.

PALMITO, WIREWIGGLER, RONNY and TUBO have already paid.

Find attached the current order list.
Please wait with your payments, until I am back from holiday (mid of August).

I will take my LAPTOP with me. So I will be able to answer your questions (if possible).

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 235
Hi Rudi_Ratlos,

I'm just back after 10 days of vacation and I've realized that in the last months I've completely lost this thread and your VCPre.
I've already built you gorgeous version of RM-FC100 with great amusement and final satisfaction; this Pre would be a very good mate!

If I'm not too late, please consider my request for:
- n°1 VCPre PCB
- n°1 MIC5202
- n°1 transformer 220/230VAC
- n°1 PIC 16F886

I don't need the LDRs since I've two matched pairs of them from a previous project.

Please let me know if I've any chances for this 2nd round.

Thanks and regards
Nicola/Touchdown

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.