Veganism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought that dissemination of (presumably) confidential company information would be adequate grounds for a gross misconduct dismissal.

He obviously didn't agree ethically with the fact that the 'League Against Cruel Sports' was investing in companies that support animal testing (a bit two-faced tbh)...but what has his choice to be vegan have to do with the fact that he (presumably) breached his contract with his employer by revealing that information?
They will stick to that line, and he will stick to his, the Vegan Society are supporting him, predictably, I'm betting they see it as a means to an ends.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
exploitDictionary result for exploit
verb
/ɪkˈsplɔɪt,ɛkˈsplɔɪt/Submit
make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
"500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
synonyms: utilize, make use of, put to use, use, use to good advantage, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from, turn to account, draw on; More
make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.
"the company was exploiting a legal loophole"

I presume they choose the second definition, not the first, which all living things "that don't want to die" :rolleyes: do

I don't think so. He has declared that " he has been sacked after disclosing his employer invested pension funds in firms involved in animal testing.". That's usually sensitive information. If the employer talks about misconduct I suspect they are quite certain he has gone against the rules....

Not the first vegan to make such mistake. Need to make some statics to try to understand if that comes from their uncontrollable extremist arrogant ego or from their diminished capabilities....:D

Think I've said this before, but here goes anyway.

Heard a scientist talking about animals and intelligence a couple years ago, it was part of the wild wolves vs no wild wolves debate.
It boils down to: Animals are smarter than the food they eat, a sheep has to be smarter than grass, because that is their food source. A wolf has to be smarter than a lot of different animals, sheep is not their main food source.

I do eat vegan/vegetarian a couple days/week, but fish and meat is important in my diet.
And think about cheese, it is quite a process to make good cheese, you would have to be a bit smarter than passing the IQ requirements to open a door.
You have to make use of biology, chemistry, machinery, filters, hygiene, and firm routines to just make a relatively uniform quality, and even then you'd probably end up with big variations pending on several factors.

I am not so certain if the ones waiting for fruit to fall down from the tree (because they do not want to hurt the area where the fruit is attached), would be able to use basic tools.

It's hard to say for certain. Many vegans believe that veganism is an evolutionary process, so by that logic it may be best to allow them to reproduce for a few generations until they inevitably become grass feeders at which point they would become most environmentally friendly and consuming them would also be environmentally friendly.

Since vegans primarily exist and multiply via instagram older examples are few and far between, those that do exist are highly revered and held up as examples that it is actually possible to survive for a considerable time on a plant based diet, as such their sudden disappearance would most likely not go unnoticed. That said, it's still a viable option and even ethically defendable ........................................probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.