Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20190609_0002 (2).png
    wp_ss_20190609_0002 (2).png
    871 KB · Views: 90
Joined 2015
Paid Member
First link, "113 healthy men and women in a clinical trial". It won't show their age or ethnic background. 113 people? That's an anecdote at best. How about thousands or millions? Do you know of any stats involving such number of people over decades or centuries?

Second link, "avoid processed meat" That's nothing new for those perusing good health. "our studies show that beef meat and cured pork meat promote colon carcinogenesis in rats." Ok, anything else?

Third link, in the first paragraph, "High saturated fat levels in red meat have long been known to contribute to heart disease"
That's the old knowledge I was referring to when mentioning Dr. Ancel Keys and that is their prologue.
"10 healthy, normocholesterolemic volunteers—were studied before and for 6 hours after single isocaloric high- and low-fat meals" Again, age and ethenic background aren't mentioned. 10 volunteers, eh. "These results demonstrate that a single high-fat meal transiently impairs endothelial function. These findings identify a potential process by which a high-fat diet may be atherogenic independent of induced changes in cholesterol." Potential and may be? That's what you consider proof?

Fourth link is on type 2 diabetic subjects.

Fifth link, "Last week the World Health Organization (WHO)’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) announced that consumption of processed meat is “carcinogenic to humans (Group I ),” and that consumption of red meat is “probably carcinogenic to humans (Group 2A).” The report differentiates the two meats as follows:"
Probably? Again, that's what you consider proof?

I'm pretty sure that's not due to eating meat.

Likely due to genetics more than anything else.

What does that have to do with eating meat?

Did the doctor say it's due to eating meat?

My response to your
"I am almost 36.
Perfect BMI.
Perfect Bloodwork.
Rarely a sick day at work.
Ran a 38:08 10K and 1:27 half marathon and 3:15 marathon as a vegan (not recently).
"
was, vegetarian / vegan diet isn't responsible for running 38:08 10K and 1:27 half marathon and 3:15 marathon. If it is, everyone who gets on vegetarian / vegan diet would do that and even you know that it's not true.

Not a single one of the links you posted show "All modern scientific research points that plant-based (or vegan, call it whatever you like) is the only diet to avoid all the leading causes of death (heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, etc)."

What this tells me is that your infamous claim about "the only diet to avoid all the leading causes of death" is born out of your emotion, not scientific facts.

You seem so passionate to disprove the claims that meat is unhealthy. Are you a cattle rancher? What is your motive, I'd love to understand.

Joined 2015
Paid Member
I exposed your claim for what it really is.

I care to reduce the amount of misinformation online so that other readers aren't misguided about diet like I was.

My claim? You care to disprove the conclusions of the research I posted here, which is a fraction of what is out there.
There is no point in continuing this further, as obviously we choose to believe differently and neither will convince eachother, or should.
BTW, are you tracking $BYND stock?
I guess I'm not the only one who thinks meat is on its way out

My claim?
"All modern scientific research points that plant-based (or vegan, call it whatever you like) is the only diet to avoid all the leading causes of death (heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, etc)." How many more times do I have to quote your claim to make you see it? :rolleyes:
You care to disprove the conclusions of the research I posted here, which is a fraction of what is out there.
You haven't posted a single proof that backs up your claim.
There is no point in continuing this further, as obviously we choose to believe differently and neither will convince eachother, or should.
You are free to believe what you want. I just wanted to see what your belief is based on. It turned out to be your emotion. Don't get me wrong, forming one's belief on emotion is not against the forum rule.
BTW, are you tracking $BYND stock?
I guess I'm not the only one who thinks meat is on its way out
You are free to think all you want.

Joined 2015
Paid Member
"All modern scientific research points that plant-based (or vegan, call it whatever you like) is the only diet to avoid all the leading causes of death (heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, etc)." How many more times do I have to quote your claim to make you see it? :rolleyes:

You haven't posted a single proof that backs up your claim.

You are free to believe what you want. I just wanted to see what your belief is based on. It turned out to be your emotion. Don't get me wrong, forming one's belief on emotion is not against the forum rule.

You are free to think all you want.

Actually my claim still stands. You seem to miss the point.

The fact is, there are many papers that conclude that meat, dairy, fish and eggs are linked or increases the risk (in some way or another) to all the diseases I mentioned.
The other fact is, there are 0 papers make the same conclusions regarding a vegan diet.

Based on pure logic, not emotion, you can conclude that any diet that includes meat, dairy fish or eggs can increase the risk for illness. Thus, a vegan diet is the ONLY one that is guaranteed to avoid or mitigate the risk.

Maybe one day, you will prove that all the peer reviewed papers published in the last 40 years were all WRONG, and that a meat heavy diet is also a good diet to avoid the leading causes of death.

Last edited:
The other fact is, there are 0 papers make the same conclusions regarding a vegan diet.

********. You seem to be suffering from this.

Vegetarian diet and mental disorders: results from a representative community survey

Based on pure logic, not emotion, you can conclude that any diet that includes meat, dairy fish or eggs can increase the risk for illness. Thus, a vegan diet is the ONLY one that is guaranteed to avoid or mitigate the risk.

We can conclude no such thing. There are vast swathes of research on both sides of the argument, muddying the waters making any sort of conclusion difficult. That you refuse to acknowledge anything that goes counter to your belief system is sad, but stop trying to proselytise here.

Actually my claim still stands. You seem to miss the point.
In your own bubble? OK.
The fact is, there are many papers that conclude that meat, dairy, fish and eggs are linked or increases the risk (in some way or another) to all the diseases I mentioned.
I already told you that I've read those too back in the 80's and 90's.
That you know of. Then again, in your own bubble, that's sufficient enough.
You left out "personal belief".
Maybe one day, you will prove that all the peer reviewed papers published in the last 40 years were all WRONG, and that a meat heavy diet is also a good diet to avoid the leading causes of death.
You are free to predict whatever you want.

Something for you to chew on:
India is one of the least meat consuming nations in the world and yet they have heart disease and stroke as the leading cause of death, 25% total death in 2010.

One of the most meat consuming nations, Luxembourg, coronary heart disease was 19.03% of total deaths in 2017.

In USA, another high meat consuming nation, 23.5% of total deaths were heart disease in 2008.

Lets look at North and South Korea where they share the same gene and the meat consumption is 4 times more in South Korea than North. The death rate by cardio vascular disease in North Korea is 13.98% while South Korea is 10.22%.

Joined 2015
Paid Member
********. You seem to be suffering from this.

Vegetarian diet and mental disorders: results from a representative community survey

We can conclude no such thing. There are vast swathes of research on both sides of the argument, muddying the waters making any sort of conclusion difficult. That you refuse to acknowledge anything that goes counter to your belief system is sad, but stop trying to proselytise here.

Nice! Atleast I won't die from a heart attack

The answer to that depends on who you ask.. :)
Exactly, I'm afraid there's no proof one way or the other. The claims about health and environmental benefits of veganism are far too simplistic, most people are not that naive and suspect an agender, which is of course true. I think vegans would have far most success converting people if they were honest and stuck to the ethical arguments. I suspect that doesn't work very well so they use other methods, the idea being the ends justify the means, that can easily happen when you think you have the moral high ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.