• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Vaccum tube Equalizer schematic?

Hi, I'm building the case and preparing pcb's for the Baton equalizer. Stereo, inspired by the design of kissabout. Thanks a lot.
I will build a modern case with a mix of new and old skool technology inside. All audio is old skool, the real Baton design. Will post pictures later.
But there is a component difference between the original Baton and the modern rebuild (with same tubes). Why this difference? In most cases it's not an important difference, eg. 5nF vs 4n7 is just marginal. But 1M8 vs. 680k is another story. So far, I can not explain why, but will try to figure out next days/ weeks. If someone nows why, please tell us.
Find enclosed an excel with the differences,
Best regards, Eric21

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 71
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Hi Eric21,

I face too that problem, if you see my conversation with Dromichet there is probably a lots of review or update schematic of the same EQ but in some cases are typo mistake rather than real variation, so what I think when you find a small variation on the component value that could be an update but if the value is a big difference well that could be a mistake....all the best and please keep us update with your project.