US Naval pilots "We see UFO everyday for at least a couple of years"

Joined 2019
Paid Member
His sighting was predated by by Allied military encounters with Foo Fighters during WWII and Scandinavian Ghost Rockets, as documented earlier in the thread.

Foo Fighters were a real deal. My late father had first hand and really close experience with them at the end of WWII. He was 12 years old when Foo Fighters appeared in his small village, here in Croatia, at the end of November 1944.

Daughter of my father’s primary school teacher became a good family friend and they were both often visiting. One day (somewhere in the 80’s), sipping coffee on the terrace, she (old teacher) asked my father “Do you remember those crazy lights tumbling in the fields at the end of war?” In front of me with mouth agape, interesting story was told. As a youngster, I had great interest in UFO phenomena and simply couldn’t believe I was hearing first hand witness story.

At the mentioned period, at evenings only, flocks of glowing balls just appeared around village and were gliding around at the low altitude minding their own business. After several days of caution, my father as a curious and reckless child he was, tried to jump catch one of glowing balls. When he started fast sprint toward a glowing ball, it would simply ‘blink out’ and appear the same moment farther away. So, after several unsuccessful attempts he decided to simply observe. Balls were ignoring him if he didn’t try to come really close. What he described was fascinating and indication that those balls were some kind of automated reconnaissance devices.

In example, one ball was gliding toward oak tree and after arriving at the tree trunk it stopped, then glided up trunk to the first branch division and stopped again. Than it started gliding along branch up to next branching point, stopping shortly at every new branch base and then gliding along this new branch up to its end, then returning back and repeating this process until every tree part was examined. Some balls were not gliding, but instantly changing their position for hundreds of meters all around, with that effect as if they switched off their light and just appeared at another position, creating that crazy tumbling appearance, which old teacher referred to.

Near village was a coal mine with narrow track railway and small wagons for coal transport. Another ball was gliding across meadow until it came to the railway tracks and stopped. Than it turned to slowly glide along tracks until it arrived ad one wagon abandoned at tracks. After short pause, it made a full circle around wagon and then continued until arriving at track switch with manual lever mechanism. Again, that short stop and full circle around and so on. He was able to observe for several days the same behavior, but it became ‘boring’.

Sometime after 10 p.m. all balls, wherever they were, would rise in the air and go toward surrounding woods. It was like that for about one week and then they disappeared for good.

So, I know answer whether UFOs can be real.

Reactions: 1 user
the documentary film Mirage Men
Great documentary. (y)My initial impression seeing it years ago was a tale about a military operative driving a UFO true believer to suicide with 'insider tips'. Recently watching it again with the hindsight of the last couple years reading foundational works on propaganda I realized that was only the intro into this world. Mirage Men may even be too on point. By the end of its journey through multiple recursive levels of manipulation and psyop (or are they?) viewers are justified being unsure if the documentary itself is part of the operation. Leaving this film confused and uncertain if truth is anywhere to be found is the point.

Attachments

• Urgent Warning.jpg
    Urgent Warning.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 45
I assume the image on the SHU page is a good scan of the original - very poor - photo. Faking that would be a doddle. And you only have the word of the guy that sold the story to a tabloid for most of that detail. And the archive is just that - they make no judgment other than it's interesting. Which it is - just like other faked photos.
Let me walk you through the timeline.

Per the archive:
In October [2020], The Scottish Sun reported that MoD files relating to the August 1990 Calvine UFO incident, which should have been released as per the “30 year rule”, were blocked for release by the Ministry of Defence until 2072.
In context: the UK Ministry of Defense (MoD) had a dossier on what’s called the 1990 Calvine UFO Incident that was brought to the attention of UFO researchers when former MoD official Nick Pope included a summary of the case in a book he published in 1996. For the subsequent 24 years, researchers had been waiting out the “30 year rule” to get an unredacted copy of the dossier so they could investigate it. Among the items rumored to be in the dossier were actual photos from the incident, per Nick Pope. This is why researchers asked about photos in their FOIA request, which is what the archive itself is a response to.

In 2020, the year the dossier was to be made public, the MoD determined the names would remain redacted for another 52 years. This is what the 2020 Scottish Sun article was about.

Per the archive:
A redacted version of the file is open and available to download from our catalogue here. There are three folios within this file that relate to the incident in question (pages 35-37 of part 2). There are no photographs contained in the file. The file itself states that the original negatives were returned to the Scottish Daily Record.
1) the file isn’t currently accessible

2) contrary to the archive, there were photographs in the dossier, as has recently been reported.

3) the whereabouts of the original negatives and the identities of the photographer (and companion) are unknown due to the redactions.

The recent news cycle is in regard to RAF officer Craig Lindsay coming forward - after breaking protocol by taking a copy of the photograph from the files years ago - corroborating the prior accounts and providing a copy of one of the photographs.

I’m going to reiterate that I think the photograph is a genuine photo of a classified aircraft. However, assuming the photo is a hoax, why suppress it?

We only know what we know. We obviously don't know what we don't know. We don't know how or if it's possible to effectively exceed the speed of light, but that only means that we don't know how to do that, not that it's impossible to do it.

We don't know a way to go that fast. (Or take a shortcut.) That doesn't mean we will never find a way.

My firm belief is that this universe, even this galaxy, is far too big for us to be alone in it. We are probably not the most advanced species in the galaxy, nor are we the most primitive.

The aliens will decide when to initiate contact. Hopefully we'll be mature enough to handle it when that day comes.

Hopefully they will be familiar enough with our customs and ways of thinking that they will be able to deal with us properly.

It's very possible that we have some technology reverse engineered from crashed alien craft...or even gifted to us by aliens. I can't say it never happened.

Foo Fighters were a real deal. My late father had first hand and really close experience with them at the end of WWII. He was 12 years old when Foo Fighters appeared in his small village, here in Croatia, at the end of November 1944…

Incredible story, thank you for sharing.

I once saw something in the sky over ten years ago on my morning walk to work. It looked like a contrail in the eastern sky growing of its own accord, changing direction, corkscrewing. I stopped a jogger coming my way to point out what I was looking at. They either couldn’t see it or were unimpressed at the sight because they kept jogging. I tried recording it with my phone camera, the results of which turned out looking like absolute garbage. Subsequent research has lead me to believe what I saw was the contrail of some sort of guided missile test. I couldn’t find a point of origin for such a test unless it was much further away and much higher in the sky (and hence much larger) than I suspected. Nor could I find anything in the news corroborating what I saw. I have no reason to suspect what I saw was extraterrestrial or even unidentified for that matter. I have never witnessed anything like it before or since and attempts to explain what I saw were met with patronizing smiles of amusement. For that reason I don’t really talk about it.

We’re not entitled to made-to-order explanations for everything we see and I can live with that. The takeaway for me was in experiencing how useless my phone was at documenting the event and how asympathetic anyone else was.

I’ve subsequently learned there’s three types of people in regards to such phenomena; those who are interested, those who are disinterested and those who are only interested in belittling the interested. The first group can contribute to progress, the last group can only detract from it.

Back in the early 1980's I was driving home one night in my city.I had just come from under a train bridge and in the distance,above the buildings towards our downtown I saw a string of large lights,at least 6 of them,each a different color,red,orange,yellow,green etc. They were evenly spaced,equal in intensity and did not have any glare to them,just a vivid,saturated color.Whatever they were attached to was travelling slowly south to north.It was dark and i couldn't make out any structure they were attached to.Judging from there distance from me and there height above the buildings the string was at least a couple hundred feet long if not more.The lights would be maybe 10 feet in diameter to my eyes.What struck me were the colors,how even in intensity and glareless they were.

The only "unexplained object" phenomenon I have ever personally observed was a ring of fire in the sky.

This happened several years ago shortly after full darkness had fallen. Let's say 8 PM and it was winter.

The location was along the line of sight toward the ocean as seen from Florida State Road 404, the Pineda Causeway. As I saw it, I was facing east toward the ocean, between the Wickham Road intersection and the US1 bridge crossing of 404.

I was looking directly at it when it appeared. A ring of fire, several degrees above the horizon, about the apparent diameter of the full moon. It was perfectly circular and had the aspect ratio (ring diameter to band width) of a typical simple men's wedding ring. The fire was a deep orange and it was most definitely a ring of flames. It never appeared as anything but a ring and a complete circle at that. Never a disc, never a partial ring.

It persisted in view for several seconds but then quickly faded out even as I was reaching for my camera, which I had with me in my car. And quite a good camera, too, a Nikon D800 with an inexpensive but surprisingly decent 50-300mm zoom lens. It would have been nice to get a good photo.

What was it? I don't know but it was near the area of Patrick Air Force Base and also Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Center. It may have been something experimental (or even routine) regarding the space program or some military thing that nobody talks about.

I only know that this ring of fire was apparently quite real. What caused it, I don't know.

Reactions: 1 users
Bright light in the sky years ago, about dusk. Long ways away when we first saw it. And that darn thing went screaming over our head, really hauling the mail, faster than any commercial jet I've ever seen. It was incredible. We were awestruck. Convinced we were being invaded by someone this had to be figured out. Long story short. It was the space shuttle landing at Edwards AFB in Southern California

I think that at most we might come in contact with alien tech but not biological aliens. It's such a massive risk to expose themselves like that. We're already sending drones to do our bidding because it's safer.
Also just thinking at the involved distances between solar systems makes it seem like a massive chore to take the trip, given the rather slow and limiting speed of light (at cosmic scales).
We are broadcasting everything anyway, if they'd want to know anything of us they could just spy us from like Pluto or something, they'd be under a day delay for info, that's basically realtime at cosmic scales. If they had the tech to come here from another solar system then our digital security means nothing for them, so they'd have access to all our info, DNA etc. I don't think there's much of interest that's not available online.
If they'd want to destroy us they could send an engineered virus and we'd never know what hit us. Or maybe gently nudge a huge rock from the Oort cloud and wait some years until it turns all Earth's surface molten. As far as energy expenditure and risk go that's a way smarter and safe choice, strategically.
Even sending tech would be a big mistake if they'd be able to remotely monitor us. What if their tech fails and gets into our hands?
Also just imagine what are the chances that they're compatible with our surface conditions? They may be blinded by our sun at daytime, or maybe just barely make out anything. The pressure could be way too high or way too low, same with temperature. Or our gravity could squash them. Sure they may have tech to help them out but then again, why risk it? Why not just open a comms channel or spy on us from a safe distance?
It is not my wish to offend anyone but I think the whole aliens thing ties into human psychology and religion. We're hoping there's big daddy that's watching over us and makes sure we don't irreversibly mess up.

Kenneth Arnold never described seeing a flying saucer. He claims he saw multiple craft - nine in total - on the Mt. Rainer sighting. “Flying saucer” was newspress embellishment/misinformation.

View attachment 1080618

His sighting was predated by by Allied military encounters with Foo Fighters during WWII and Scandinavian Ghost Rockets, as documented earlier in the thread.
Also, Arnold mentions “saucer” only in reference to how the objects MOVED. Paraphrasing; Like a saucer (or, perhaps, flat stone) being skipped across water. I interpret him to mean, that they exhibited an anomalistic vertical movement component to their horizontal flight path. Drawings of what he says he witnessed depict quasi-disc shaped objects of bi-lateral symmetry, featuring strongly inward radius trailing edges. Not the cliched, radial symmetry, flying-saucer shape.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I think that at most we might come in contact with alien tech but not biological aliens. It's such a massive risk to expose themselves like that. We're already sending drones to do our bidding because it's safer.
Also just thinking at the involved distances between solar systems makes it seem like a massive chore to take the trip, given the rather slow and limiting speed of light (at cosmic scales).
We are broadcasting everything anyway, if they'd want to know anything of us they could just spy us from like Pluto or something, they'd be under a day delay for info, that's basically realtime at cosmic scales. If they had the tech to come here from another solar system then our digital security means nothing for them, so they'd have access to all our info, DNA etc. I don't think there's much of interest that's not available online.
If they'd want to destroy us they could send an engineered virus and we'd never know what hit us. Or maybe gently nudge a huge rock from the Oort cloud and wait some years until it turns all Earth's surface molten. As far as energy expenditure and risk go that's a way smarter and safe choice, strategically.
Even sending tech would be a big mistake if they'd be able to remotely monitor us. What if their tech fails and gets into our hands?
Also just imagine what are the chances that they're compatible with our surface conditions? They may be blinded by our sun at daytime, or maybe just barely make out anything. The pressure could be way too high or way too low, same with temperature. Or our gravity could squash them. Sure they may have tech to help them out but then again, why risk it? Why not just open a comms channel or spy on us from a safe distance?
It is not my wish to offend anyone but I think the whole aliens thing ties into human psychology and religion. We're hoping there's big daddy that's watching over us and makes sure we don't irreversibly mess up.
Too late, we're in over our heads. If they're out there we need their rescue. Thing is if they were and benevolent, they would have by now. Otherwise they're cruelly watching us engineer our demise.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Foo Fighters were a real deal. My late father had first hand and really close experience with them at the end of WWII. He was 12 years old when Foo Fighters appeared in his small village, here in Croatia, at the end of November 1944.

Daughter of my father’s primary school teacher became a good family friend and they were both often visiting. One day (somewhere in the 80’s), sipping coffee on the terrace, she (old teacher) asked my father “Do you remember those crazy lights tumbling in the fields at the end of war?” In front of me with mouth agape, interesting story was told. As a youngster, I had great interest in UFO phenomena and simply couldn’t believe I was hearing first hand witness story.

At the mentioned period, at evenings only, flocks of glowing balls just appeared around village and were gliding around at the low altitude minding their own business. After several days of caution, my father as a curious and reckless child he was, tried to jump catch one of glowing balls. When he started fast sprint toward a glowing ball, it would simply ‘blink out’ and appear the same moment farther away. So, after several unsuccessful attempts he decided to simply observe. Balls were ignoring him if he didn’t try to come really close. What he described was fascinating and indication that those balls were some kind of automated reconnaissance devices.

In example, one ball was gliding toward oak tree and after arriving at the tree trunk it stopped, then glided up trunk to the first branch division and stopped again. Than it started gliding along branch up to next branching point, stopping shortly at every new branch base and then gliding along this new branch up to its end, then returning back and repeating this process until every tree part was examined. Some balls were not gliding, but instantly changing their position for hundreds of meters all around, with that effect as if they switched off their light and just appeared at another position, creating that crazy tumbling appearance, which old teacher referred to.

Near village was a coal mine with narrow track railway and small wagons for coal transport. Another ball was gliding across meadow until it came to the railway tracks and stopped. Than it turned to slowly glide along tracks until it arrived ad one wagon abandoned at tracks. After short pause, it made a full circle around wagon and then continued until arriving at track switch with manual lever mechanism. Again, that short stop and full circle around and so on. He was able to observe for several days the same behavior, but it became ‘boring’.

Sometime after 10 p.m. all balls, wherever they were, would rise in the air and go toward surrounding woods. It was like that for about one week and then they disappeared for good.

So, I know answer whether UFOs can be real.
You'd have to be an idiot to not acknowledge the validity of ufo sightings given the extent of their historical accounts. Of course they are "real". However this account could be nothing more than some kind of a natural electromagnetic phenomenon. Weighed in the balance, this is much more likely than intelligent interaction from another world, no? Throw simple logic out the window and guess what you're left with.

Too late, we're in over our heads. If they're out there we need their rescue. Thing is if they were and benevolent, they would have by now. Otherwise they're cruelly watching us engineer our demise.
Any alien worth its salt, that's watching us, knows that if they intervene they'll remain without a spaceship, they're as good as dead and their spaceship would most likely be used to try and enslave earth, or maybe get owned by some rich a-hole doing joyrides trying to impress friends/women.
Even if they save us once we'd still mess it up and need it again. I think the consensus is like we treat wild animals. If we start feeding them they're as good as dead when we stop.
Sadly this is something we have to do on our own. I mean survive any possible "great filter".

Well if they sent info that could and most likely would cause a massive panic worldwide. Just think at the implications for religions, there'd be general unrest and it could send the whole humanity into turmoil. We'd use any trick in the book trying to get info out of them, to use it for egoistical purposes, say at country levels. That could even be the start for the end of humanity.
I personally think that the universe is teeming with life, just that not what we'd call intelligent life. It might just be adapted to their environment and stay like that forever, if that environment doesn't change. Crocodiles are stuck on an evolutionary peak and it's pretty hard to get down from it, to switch lanes.
Then there might be great filters even for intelligent life, which might wipe out almost all of it.
If there's any superior intelligent life then they'd be fully aware of the importance of making it on your own.

Tech advances can be pretty disruptive in how we see and think about things, conceptually. Say mastering genetic engineering can really change the dynamics. If they're able to come here then we could safely draw some conclusions about their tech abilities.
We tend to think about things based on what we already know. You can't think of digital money and sending pictures in an instant across the globe if you don't know about electricity in the first place. Just a few disruptive steps further in tech can completely change how we see and think about things.
Hence why I think that the classical biological alien and/or UFOs don't really make much sense, here on Earth. That is just a "human way" of thinking about it, based on what we know so far. As far as we know they might very well just transform themselves into humans lookalikes, or make a sort of biological human-robot that teleports into the nearest gas station toilet and starts mingling with us. Given a certain technological superiority we'd have no clue.

Also, Arnold mentions “saucer” only in reference to how the objects MOVED. Paraphrasing; Like a saucer (or, perhaps, flat stone) being skipped across water. I interpret him to mean, that they exhibited an anomalistic vertical movement component to their horizontal flight path. Drawings of what he says he witnessed depict quasi-disc shaped objects of bi-lateral symmetry, featuring strongly inward radius trailing edges. Not the cliched, radial symmetry, flying-saucer shape.
one was like the prior illustration, the other eight allegedly looked like this:
D7513FA8-F12E-41B4-84D2-EFEBDF4EB1F7.jpeg

And yes, by the time of the publication of this book he has obviously accepted the term “flying saucer”