Unusual HT Orientated Speaker Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
richie00boy said:
Spending again :D

Room looks good. What made you choose NX150 over say UcD180 or other options?

Its not really spending but investing in enjoyment.

Not really sure why the NX150 TBH Rich. I just did a bit of reading, spoke with Anthony who designed the amps and decided they sound like just what I'm looking for.

I've tried a good few of the kitsets now but not the UcD180 yet. I do still have a UcD700ST which I've never really gotten around to fully evaluting - mainly because I used it briefly to power a subwoofer.

Case pics anyway:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
fgroen said:
Here's another one who's really interested in where you buy these casings. :wave2:

Hi Fgroen,

They're from ATI Research over in Thailand. Don't be put off by that, Arthon who is the chap that deals with the orders is absolutely spot on. I ordered these cases around 10 days ago now and already they've arrived which surprised even me. I've had 8 cases from them now always they've exceeded my expectation in both service and the quality of the product.

ATI website: http://www.atiresearch-anodized.com/products.html

Arthons email address: arethonthai@hotmail.com

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Amp kits arrived and managed to build a couple up, not done any listening yet as I still need some traffo's.

System is semi functional now too:

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
One of the amps is coming along nicely, taking my time, making sure everything is upto scratch layout-wise. The ATI case is a real joy to work in. I used pure silver 0.5mm core on the inputs, wrapped up in cotton then twisted and finally covered in heatshrink.

Aussieamps is coming out with an audiophile version of the NX150 with the usual higher grade components. I'm holding off really until the upgrade kit is offered for existing owners - Looks to be January/Feb time hopefully.

The photos only show two modules but eventually there will be three per side making up a six channel amp which will be ideal for tri-amping DIY 3-ways from a single unit.

Ended up covering the 4" thick treatment with the same material I used for the screen. I didn't intend to put it on the back wall as shown in the photos but the difference it made has been huge, cleaning the midrange up no end it even seems effective in the upper bass as that too has more definition. Still to do the side walls though.

BTW Merry Xmas :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.