Ultimate 4U 500mm Chassis - Who is interested?

Base Plate Option

• Standard Aluminium 3mm or 4mm

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Aluminium + Custom Perforated Steel Base Plate 470mm to 480mm

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah. The deluxe style is what I had in mind although I don't think we need all the extra blind holes in the front panel. I honestly don't think they will be used.

If you had a very specific requirement to mount something on the front panel let me know, and we will accommodate it within reason.

Last edited:
If people want the front panel design machined in any way for aesthetic purposes, I am completely open to that.

Feel free to post any designs/drawings.

People can then choose.

Obviously all these things can also be done as a personal custom order.
It might just be cheaper to collaborate as a group purchase.

Added a base plate poll please vote those who are definitely intending to purchase. YOU HAVE 5 DAYS. Once there are 16 responses I will consider that a conclusive decision.

I will add another poll after this has been decided on. I guess for most people the decision will still be determined by any additional cost.
So hopefully Gianluca can advise on some pricing.

However if everyone votes for or against it will simplify things.

Personally I don't care which way we go.

I guess I should have added a third option 3) DON'T CARE EITHER WAY
If that is the case just verbally state your vote as don't care.

If people don't have a clear preference, I will decide against it. We can still add some mounting holes or precision CNC piercings (maybe water jet cut or whatever is appropriate) to the spacings we want that you can drill and tap yourself

Last edited:
People around here know I don't sleep (like literally) my mind thinks about this stuff 24 hours a day. I know you're bloody tired.
I will be still awake when you're waking up. Hahahaha
:cheers:

"On a hippie trail head full of Zombie"

Just sayin'

I might be interested too, just need some time to understand the configuration. Been out of touch for a month...son off to university, lots in my head...maybe should find some Zombie :eek:

Hello everybody,

I've had a long call with Jason this morning and this is what we came up with:

- Within 24 hours he is going to add to the store STANDARD 3U/4U 500mm chassis. These are going to have their own 500mm deep baseplate as well and are going to be available around the end of October.

For the 4U/500 chassis only it is also possible to substitute the regular rear panel with the Deluxe one https://www.diyaudio.com/media/pdf/4u-300-e-back-panel-temporary-diagram.pdf

Same thing for the front panel with the 9 blind M3 pre-tapped mounting holes

- For everybody else, please Pico let me know EXACTLY what you want us to quote for you. Heatsinks, rear panel and front panel. If you want us to make any kind of customizations please use front panel designer https://www.frontpanelexpress.com/ as we cannot work with MS paint or anything else that is not a regular CAD file in DXF or DWG format.

As soon as we know the exact number of people who would be interested in this, we can prepare a quotation for you. This chassis will need to be purchased directly from our store Modushop by Hi-Fi 2000 | Contenitori per Elettronica | Electronic Enclosures | Hi Fi Chassis

We think this is a good solution which is going to make as many satisfied people as possible :)

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

I've had a long call with Jason this morning and this is what we came up with:

- Within 24 hours he is going to add to the store STANDARD 3U/4U 500mm chassis. These are going to have their own 500mm deep baseplate as well and are going to be available around the end of October.

For the 4U/500 chassis only it is also possible to substitute the regular rear panel with the Deluxe one https://www.diyaudio.com/media/pdf/4u-300-e-back-panel-temporary-diagram.pdf

Same thing for the front panel with the 9 blind M3 pre-tapped mounting holes

- For everybody else, please Pico let me know EXACTLY what you want us to quote for you. Heatsinks, rear panel and front panel. If you want us to make any kind of customizations please use front panel designer https://www.frontpanelexpress.com/ as we cannot work with MS paint or anything else that is not a regular CAD file in DXF or DWG format.

As soon as we know the exact number of people who would be interested in this, we can prepare a quotation for you. This chassis will need to be purchased directly from our store Modushop by Hi-Fi 2000 | Contenitori per Elettronica | Electronic Enclosures | Hi Fi Chassis

We think this is a good solution which is going to make as many satisfied people as possible :)

Hello. Will this 250mm sinks in 3U/4U and 500mm L-brackets be available as spare parts from Modushop also?

Here is the heatsink hole pattern.
I left off 2 holes that are only used for honey badger.
If people are interested in the honey badger I can add them, but I would rather do without them.

Every Firstwatt amp can be built with this hole pattern as well as offset F6 correctly so the mosfets sit symmetrically.

It will also allow the use of a longer 330mm board or anything in between. Now longer boards can be made that more effectively use the heatsink.
Currently the longest board is 250mm.

If people want me to extend more holes in the X direction, to use even more of the heatsink let me know.

Attachments

• heatsink hole pattern.pdf
    4.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
XA30 capable or XA60 Mono blocks capable

Added a few more holes.
This would allow someone to build an XA30 clone or similar

As well as being compatible with all the current Firstwatt PCBs and F6 offset.

I think we should go with this.

Attachments

• heatsink hole pattern XA30.pdf
    5.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
If people want an additional set of board mounting holes on either side of the mosfet holes for any particular reason let me know.
I kind of feel we may not need it as the mosfets could support the small amount of board overhang.

Let me know though.

I might do a new amp project for this chassis.