Ultimate 4U 500mm Chassis - Who is interested?

Base Plate Option

• Standard Aluminium 3mm or 4mm

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Aluminium + Custom Perforated Steel Base Plate 470mm to 480mm

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not to derail the effort to make more of this specific chassis, but the store does offer the 4U Dissipante as 500mm deep with aluminum covers. It doesn't have all the nice features of Pico's toxic masculinity chassis, but it will certainly get the job done. You need to be willing / able to drill mounting holes in the heatsinks. Not a bad option for the dual hockey puck amps.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I thought through that option before bumping this thread. Unfortunately I don't have the appropriate tools to drill/tap with the accuracy required. I would need to print out Pico's UMS template and take the heatsinks to a local shop and have it done correctly. At that point the cost of the chassis plus additional machining costs start to add up. I think even I can only get 1o interested parties the price should be better directly from Modushop, even taking into account international shipping. Time will tell, if we can't get another run done, that is probably what I will do.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Last time bump. If any body has any real interest please let me know. If we can't get up to 10 commitments in a week I'm going to just order 4U500 chassis from the store and find someone locally to drill/tap the heatsinks. Time to become a Fearless Amplifier Builder!

Reactions: 1 user
20.5 hours ago I wasn't aware of the Classic Aleph 30/40/60 group buy
20 hours ago I wasn't aware of the 4U 500
A week and a half ago I finished my first F6 build and am currently over the moon.

Naturally, I'm raising my hand to both.

I swear, this place is worse than guitar forums for inducing GAS.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Last chance to bump this up to real numbers. Suspect if we don’t do this soon they will be swamped with Monoblock chassis orders.

Newly arrived transformers for motivation. I have everything I need for Aleph J except chassis and amp boards.
C65DE19B-D463-49A9-85EC-D28778DC75F3.jpeg

Welcome back! We are all ears

Mostly thinking about circuits, but one chassis idea is as follows:
Would be nice if you had an accessory to magnetically divide/partition/isolate the transformer from the rest of the chassis.
A simple partition or a cage made out the same perforated steel that could be mounted like Meccano to the base.
M2/F6/Iron Pre have audio transformers as part of the circuit design which are somewhat sensitive to magnetic hum fields. Any partition made of steel/iron would help reduce that. A simple partition wall would be a very cheap accessory.

Mostly thinking about circuits, but one chassis idea is as follows:
Would be nice if you had an accessory to magnetically divide/partition/isolate the transformer from the rest of the chassis.
A simple partition or a cage made out the same perforated steel that could be mounted like Meccano to the base.
M2/F6/Iron Pre have audio transformers as part of the circuit design which are somewhat sensitive to magnetic hum fields. Any partition made of steel/iron would help reduce that. A simple partition wall would be a very cheap accessory.
A metal wall/plate behind the face plate could also do it. Perhaps with predrilled holes for tranny mounting bolts, and holes for DC and AC cables. And a metal tunnel along the chassis floor for AC wiring :cool:

Toxicus masculinus maximus.

Something like this:

From the Norwegian power amp Dynamic Precision A5.

Attachments

• 75B769C1-509A-4CFA-8C40-10AB3605E05C.jpeg
    75B769C1-509A-4CFA-8C40-10AB3605E05C.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 81