Ultimate 4U 500mm Chassis - Who is interested?

Base Plate Option

• Standard Aluminium 3mm or 4mm

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Aluminium + Custom Perforated Steel Base Plate 470mm to 480mm

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not quite sure what a 2.5U is since one isn't listed in the store.

I guess I have been assuming that this 400mm 4U would have the same UMS drilled heatsinks and back plate as the standard Deluxe 4U and at a price in between the Deluxe 4U and Deluxe 5U. If I am reading the pricing in the store correctly, adding those features to a 3U or 2U quickly boosts the price about the Deluxe versions.

But you are right, the M2x doesn't need the height of a 4U but a dual mono build does need that 400mm depth, or at least my fat hands need that much space to connect the wires.

This chassis is 500mm deep. Not 400mm.

This chassis is massive overkill for an M2x. An M2x can easily fit in a 2.5U by 400mm deep, with a full dual-mono PSU. But don't let that stop you. ;)

This chassis is 500mm deep. Not 400mm.

Thanks for pointing that out. I simply assumed it was the same depth as the Deluxe 5U chassis. I don't need the extra 100mm in depth so cancel my indication of interest.

I thought I would have a ton of space, guess what??

I don’t... but I’m loving it!!

IMG_1133.jpg
IMG_1132.jpg
IMG_1135.jpg
IMG_1134.jpg
IMG_1136.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Someone that wants one or more of the chassis could simply contact Gianluca directly and ask what the breakdowns would be at various quantities and/or if they'd remain the same and start a list of committed additional parties. 2 picoDumbs has already done the hard work. Only a polite suggestion. I won't be organizing.

Extra chassis $360 + shipping

I bought two of these amp chassis thinking I’d use the second one for another project. But I do t see that happening anytime soon, and don’t have the space to store it. I’m happy to let it got for cost plus shipping.

The case plus shipping, after Euro conversion, was $360. So that’s what I’ll let it go for.

Let me know if I should post this elsewhere.

Here's my initial build along with v2 of the layout wire routing.

I've been having some minor hum issues, and got them partially sorted out. The next step I can take will be swapping the PSU with transformer front to back. Perhaps getting a smaller transformer. Chasing a hum has been pretty frustrating!

But you can see the case looks great. In case anyone is wondering, I included the vector art files and font in the zip attachment.

zip file contains:
stop font tff
ai, dwg, dxf, and PDF files types

Attachments

• pass front panel only words.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0774.JPG
    IMG_0774.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1204 v1.JPG
    IMG_1204 v1.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_4533 layout v2.jpg
    IMG_4533 layout v2.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 178
  • pass front panel only words.jpg
    pass front panel only words.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: 1 user
Yass that front panel looks good.

Don´t know if I´m in a position to give advice - but you can still ignore it :D :

Regarding Humm: NTC 60 between PSU ground and case, maybe a little more twisting on transformer wires.

Maybe some rubber grommets for the wires through the base plate as mighty ZM once told me. Maybe output devices to bottom for better thermal distribution.

:cheers: