Manu said:
Steen : did you try some different settings
concerning
Bias
SE
etc..?
or are you just enjoying Music ...?

Manu

No, not yet. They sound too good to mess around with allready. I better save that till the honeymoon is over.
They have 1k Rout and running Global feedback with 266mA bias per fet. Next step will be to bias them at 420mA. That should be enough clean Class A watts for "normal" listening.
I wouldnt like to hear the "Klunk" when they go Class B, too often:D

:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:

No, not yet. They sound too good to mess around with allready. I better save that till the honeymoon is over.
They have 1k Rout and running Global feedback with 266mA bias per fet. Next step will be to bias them at 420mA. That should be enough clean Class A watts for "normal" listening.
I wouldnt like to hear the "Klunk" when they go Class B, too often:D

you think that you're ready for OB with Sonido/Lowther 8" ,2 x Eminence Alpha15 (with T-bass network)
all that - per side

or just plain Autograph/Westminster with dreky 15" Tannoy ?

I know ........ I'm repeating ........ :clown:

Zen Mod said:

you think that you're ready for OB with Sonido/Lowther 8" ,2 x Eminence Alpha15 (with T-bass network)
all that - per side

or just plain Autograph/Westminster with dreky 15" Tannoy ?

I know ........ I'm repeating ........ :clown:

:eek: 2x15" per side? I am not sure that I am ready for that (yet:D )
Gotta shut down the UP's, it is still workday tomorrow:bawling:

Again, I knew it…. One blinks and Steen is testing another fabulous amp. As we are accustomed to see from you… just outstanding workmanship… congrats for that Steen.

As I can here from you – and that’s what I thought--- Cheff’s design are at a professional level… so cheers for both of you.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :up: :nod: :yes: :drink: :drink: :drink:

GWAS !
(Great Work As Usual) :clown:

As Steen has regularly shown me his progress, I can't say I'm suprised :D
Nevertheless, it's an amazing job you did here. Kudos :worship:
And I'm more than happy you enjoy the result (but pretty jealous of your heatsinking :smash: )

And when the honeymoon's over, keep us informed of your findings : higher bias, local vs global FB, SE bias, etc...

But for the moment, enjoy the music and have fun :cool:
(And if I recall correctly, you've got another pair of boards to populate, uh ?)

Cheers

Thanks Tony,
and Cheff: thank you, thank you, thank you :cool:
I will surely report back with whatever I find. The other boards are in the hands of a very good friend of mine, but unfortunately he is not anywhere near LL;) But who are:clown:

BTW ZM, could you post a link to papa's OB's? I have been totally obsessed with the UP's lately and didnt find time to look at much of anything else.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Thanks Tony,
and Cheff: thank you, thank you, thank you :cool:
I will surely report back with whatever I find. The other boards are in the hands of a very good friend of mine, but unfortunately he is not anywhere near LL;) But who are:clown:

BTW ZM, could you post a link to papa's OB's? I have been totally obsessed with the UP's lately and didnt find time to look at much of anything else.

look in "feastrex fun" ,"diy progress report" and look at RMAF reports somewhere on the web

I already gave you recipe - for "passive" one (ie -without necessary biamping )

Babowana said:
>> :smash:<<

Wow! Nnice work.
Big Rifa caps . . .
Four DMMs (or more) . . .

But, first off, the superb sound.
Enjoy listening!

Cheers,

Thanks a lot, JH. Less than four DMM's is no good:) It really makes life a lot easier when adjusting 2 different offsets and setting the bias in the two halves of the amp, simultaniously.

BTW, looking forward to follow your F5 build thread if you decide to start one. Your threads are always very educational and entertaining:cool: