UGLY Looking Amp! - but good working

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And....

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 836
Well.... the way i love amplifiers and electronics

turn me very tollerant i think.

I love all those things you posted.... nothing is really ugly into my point of view.

I feel happy..... i feel good that exists so many folks that loves those things alike i love.... this seems to me i have found a lot of lost brothers around the globe... all them saying the same word while smilling;

- "transistors..oh yeah!"

Congratulations... all them lovely jobs.... pretty to me.... ugly to you.

regards,

Carlos

Hi

This is the latest prototype of the amp from post 220. This one works better than the last, mostly due to better layout. It certainly qualifies for the "UGLY Looking Amp! - but good working" contest. This may actually be the last prototype for this circuit as a PCB is now in the works:). The looks of this circuit doesn't even come close to defining how it sounds. Very straight, fast and accurate, no coloration, very clear sound stage, exceptionally low noise. It has a measured phase shift from input to output of 200nS with the load attached. Not bad for a non GNFB amp.:) Sure it’s ugly, but now comes the challenge to make it beautiful.:cheerful:

Here is more on this amp.

Attachments

• dscf8713.jpg
    dscf8713.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,239
mitch90 said:
Where did you find 'ISKRA' yellow capacitor?
I am just curious.

Hi Mitch,

Those were salvaged from some old electronic junk. (I can be a real skin flint sometimes:D ) They're 1uF Polypropelyne I used for the input caps. Polypropelyne doesn't exibit the absorbtion distortion that electrolytics, Mylar, or just about any other cap does except Polystyrene or maybe paper & oil (impractical). There is a +input and -input cap, as the circuit can be driven by a balanced line input as well, but these are the only caps in the signal path. I sourced a similar cap from Mouser at $4 - $5 each.:xeye:

Is there a better source/quality 1uf Polypropelyne cap out there that is suitable for the input cap?? I only have a 2 more....:cannotbe:

Re: Hi!

ChocoHolic said:
:Popworm:
...also a little bit ugly - my lovely class D learning proto:
zeonrider said:
Thema is Ugly Looking Amp, not The Ugliest Looking Amp. He he:goodbad:
Regards zeoN_Rider
:D
.. even the ugliest IS Ugly!
And regarding ChocoHolic's rats nest
.. I have no doubt it is: good working
Because the man is good with amps
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, all Friends, and all the others, too.

Here a new contribution to this my own thread.
See my attachment picture.
It is my own construction Class A Single End stereo headphone amp.
It is Ugly .. but sure CAN SING .. some music :)
( There is a topic with schematics and description, if anyone intersted )

Regars, lineup .. alias halojoy .. alias gromanswe
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:) My thema for this TOPIC is:
UGLY Looking Amp! - but good working:
Link to first post: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10729
More of the DIY everyday reality!

I could bet on that the amps that SOUNDS best
built by diyaudio members, are not very exceptionally looking....

/lineup - has only built crappy looking amps

(Moderators:
Any GOOD loooking Amp in this thread should go directly to TEXAS! )

Attachments

• headamp-1.png
    headamp-1.png
    74 KB · Views: 1,000
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.