• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube line-buffer for cd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Miki,

The E88CC is quite different..

You could use the ECC99 only made by JJ tubes instead of the 5687..it is quite a similar tube. And I have heard very good things about that tube. Shall try it soon myself.

Yes I would leave out the Cathode bypass capacitor..but the nice thing about being a diy'er is that you could always put a switch on the bypass cap and listen to the sound with or without the cap.

Generally it would sound better without the cap. But the cap does lower output impedance! There you have it spec's are great up to a point.

Good luck,
Bas

PS..If you have troubles finding the ECC99 in your part of the woods..send me an email..

Hello Joel,

You're right... Sorry for duplicated threads...
I asked if Pat's design could be modified for my needs (e88cc tube).

Bas Horneman, I allready have two e88cc tubes, so I want to use it somehow... Maybe I have to look out for another design (maybe SRPP too...). Anyway thanks for the tube offer, and I will contact you if I need them.

Regards,
Miki.

Hi,

I just finished my first TUBE PREAMP.
Yes, Bas Horneman was right! You can't go wrong with tubes (allright you can...:))!!!

I made a "home-calculated" SRPP, and the ALEPH60 loves it (my cd player too : Phillips cd304, an old heavy piece of metal a little bit upgraded by me :)).

I will post sch. and pics soon.

Thanks for all the help,
Miki.

Technical Papers On Tube Designs

Technical Information On Tube Designs at www.aikenamps.com
Technical Papers
-Introductory(Aiken)
-Advanced(Aiken)
-Other Authors
-Technical Q&A
Data Sheets - Patents - DIY Projects -Miscellanous

Among other things. Single inverted tube with negative feedback
to increase linearity and reduce gain to a specific value.
A technique also used by Nelson Pass, whoever that is? :confused:

Randall Aiken.
Currently hold two engineering degrees, a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), and a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (BSET), both from Clemson University, in South Carolina.
:D I do not know if he has yet made a Bachelor of diyAudio.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool: AikenAmps Technical Information (aikenamps)

A lot of interesting stuff to learn!
I got there via Bas Horneman Page - Very Good Site for TUBE designs - Best Links! :smash:

:cool: DIY SET is the easiest way to audio nirvana (horneman)

dodonoid said:
Hi,

I just finished my first TUBE PREAMP.
Yes, Bas Horneman was right! You can't go wrong with tubes (allright you can...:))!!!

I made a "home-calculated" SRPP, and the ALEPH60 loves it (my cd player too : Phillips cd304, an old heavy piece of metal a little bit upgraded by me :)).

I will post sch. and pics soon.

Thanks for all the help,
Miki.
Congrats and welcome to the toob club!

Looking forward to seeing the pix and schem.

Cheers!
Brett

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.