• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tube-I-zator Professional PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Oliver, I am building this for the new buffalo dac, do you know what the Ri/v should be for this DAC? On the Lampizator page, he mentions that output resistor for ESS DAC was set to 39R, is that the same as the Ri/v? Or is it the Rin resistor he also mentions?

Thanks.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Oliver, I noticed you are using Wago Terminals for this and the Lightspeed board, how do you insert the wire into the terminal? Do you need to buy the Wago tool to get it working?

By the way, here is a cheap source for the terminals:

socket receptacle connectors wago 236 4 pin,wd3,3a 10 p - eBay (item 380174438358 end time Apr-02-10 19:46:32 PDT)

Hi toufu,

with the wago tool it is much easier but you could also use a small screwdriver.

Therefor you must push inside the back hole of the terminal to lift the internal contact.

Best regards,
Oliver

Thanks for all the help, Oliver! I got my board working with the buffalo 2 DAC. Sounds great, very liquid, clear and nice 3D soundstage.

One thing though, I couldn't get it to work with 6922 tubes, just the 12AX7, but even with the 12AX7 I had to make sure the switch is open. Not sure why, can you comment on that?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks for all the help, Oliver! I got my board working with the buffalo 2 DAC. Sounds great, very liquid, clear and nice 3D soundstage.

One thing though, I couldn't get it to work with 6922 tubes, just the 12AX7, but even with the 12AX7 I had to make sure the switch is open. Not sure why, can you comment on that?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi toufu,

sure i can :)
The silkscreen legend is designed for a switch.
On the 12AX7 position the contacts for the heaterswitch are open and on the 6N2P position closed!

So with the 6922 the contacts must be opened.

Witch problems do you have with the 6922?

:cheers:
Oliver

Hi Oliver, I don't have any switches of that size, so I got 12AX7 to work by not having any jumper across the three pins. Is that correct? I couldn't get it to work with 12AX7 by having a jumper across the two pins that says '12AX7'.

By the way, can I get 12AT7 or 12AU7's to work without changing the Rk resistor? It's set to 200R right now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.