Trying to improve on a GainCard concept

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's the inside view with Brian's boards. They seem to be made for that design.

Attachments

• p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 4,057
Hey ,
Where did you get Zywiec beer over there???
Polish beer store?

If you ever see Brok beer over there try it.
That is my favorite,better than Heineken and others.
Famous polish beers like Zywiec and EB are tasting worst and worst every year.I guess they are earning too much money and got too popular.

Very nice amp,too.

Bartek

Very nice picture,don't have any with beer at hand.

The world is small.
I like Tyskie and drink it every day,but only the Extra Large one (0,66L) in a bottle.Don't know why but 0,5l bottle and can doesn't taste that good to me.From beers you mentioned I also like Warka ,but only red can (Warka Specjal) ones.Warka Strong is too sweet.

If you ever see Brok ,give it a try.Green bottle with green sticker.

B.

You not gonna convert to GCs, are you?;)

I'll come by this week to your place, so you'll be able to see it. But it seems to me like this is the nicest concept so far, it is so cute and literally fits in the palms of your hands.

I can't say its a commercial product, or I'll be prosecuted by opposition;) It is not yet, more tests to be done (especially on heat dissipation), but chances are that everything works fine. The amp can't get smaller than that.

Attachments

• p10.jpg
    p10.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 982
Beside 1" square copper bar (3.5" long), those all the other parts that make the amp. Those panels are 3/8"

The chassis can be made and finished in less than 5 hours. I'll post drawings on my site, so anybody can give it a try. I was considering using patented posts, but additional hole would weaken the rear panel considerably. I don't think it would be recommended, besides, you need as much of metal surface as possible (to get rid of the heat).

Attachments

• p11.jpg
    p11.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,029
Well, the lower amp in this pic is AX. You see, it's disconnected. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=359568

I'm using small monoblock on left in it's place. The top amp is A75 that I'm using for subs. I will try AX for subs, but have to remove the high pass filter yet.

The speaker wire on mids and highs is DH Labs Siver Sonic Q10, which is pretty good sounding (better than copper foil) and not that expensive: $9/foot.

AAAAAaaahhhhh.....

damn, and all my friends keep telling me i'm good at casework.
And then you come along... Again.

And again.

And again ;) !!

in case of overheating you could ofcourse use a band saw to make a heatsink profile in the copper bar or just use a (what;s that called in english? frees, in dutch) something like this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

O, and zygibajt, nothing beats a Dommelsch :drink: !

I will still mount perforated panels on top and bottom and they will help with disippation. I don't expect any heat problems, as my other Patek (which is at least 1/3rd bigger), runs normally not even warm.

It's a good idea with those cutouts on copper bar, but the amp would loose a bit of weight in this way, and might fall off those class A amps;)

Kudos on your choice of beer. (I think we've had a talk about this before)

I used to live damn near Okocim where the beer of same name is brewed. Zyviec is my favourite though, I've been to that browar also. There is no beer experience as satisfying as drinking fresh beer at it's birth place. I can get zyviec and/or okocim here at the local liquor store and a few pubs, it always reminds me of home. Those two are the only Polish beer available here and often the beer at the pub is far beyond it's expiry date...damn prairies.

Na zdrowie!

Peter,

You need to figure a way to mate an iPod to this new amp.
I bet an iPod playing .wav files would sound pretty dang good.

It seems like you've hit the limit with normal sized hardware.
You'd have to use mini connectors to get smaller, and smaller
PSU caps too!

keep building,
m.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.