True Wireless Stereo (TWS) Bluetooth for Speakers

I tried connecting one of the TPA3118 boards with a microUSB breakout board, but couldn't make it work. The plain DSP boards work fine.
Any ideas apart from better soldering? :) (the leftmost pin is soldered from below)
The markings on the board are BT, G, +, -, 5V from left to right
20230402_153913.jpg

The language barrier is the main issue with the store I bought my boards from. I ask a question they try to reply as best as they can.
I'm also interested in the nvarcher module to build a 2.1 system using the crossover.

May I ask if you find the noise level and sound quality of the MVsilicon chip acceptable? Is the preamp gain high enough?
I'm going to hook it up to a TPA3255 so it would be sad to have a crossover/preamp that is complete crap...

Integrated this chip in the tpa3255 wondom/sure bru5 seems ok, havent noticed noises or gain issues, bluetooth has some losses in treble, or treble sounds a little more friendly than the wired aux input. DacX output isn't used in this tpa3255 amp I think, just L and R, 2 channel.

Joined 2022
Paid Member
I tried connecting one of the TPA3118 boards with a microUSB breakout board, but couldn't make it work. The plain DSP boards work fine.
Any ideas apart from better soldering? :) (the leftmost pin is soldered from below)
The markings on the board are BT, G, +, -, 5V from left to right
View attachment 1160457
You have to connect power supply to the amplifier. It will not work with USB power only.

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that was the first thing I tried :)

I got inspired to try the same thing with my second board and second breakout board but still no luck. Also tried three different USB ports and two different cables. I asked the Aliexpress store and they just sent me the picture with a USB-C breakout board soldered on similar to mine :rolleyes:

I recently got to work with one of these Nvarcher DSP boards. Does anyone know if MVbass is a "psychoacoustic" bass enhancement (eliminating the fundamental frequency and introducing harmonics) or just a classic bass boost? There's also a "classic bass boost" option, which works different compared to MVbass.

The board works fine, having such a DSP for 20€ really is a bargain. I put it on a portable ammo-box speaker to give the 4 inch Peerless woofer a bit more low end (it's a SDS-100F25CP09-04, similar to the 830855, put in a tiny ported 2.5L enclosure, tuned at 72Hz), and the MVbass makes a big difference. I also quite like the DRC, it also allows to compress only a certain frequency range (in my case, i set it to compress below 100Hz when the input reaches-16dB); this way i can avoid distortion in the bass while still being able to increase the volume. I also used the parametric equalizers to achieve a steep high pass at 30Hz.

In case your board randomly stops being detected in BT mode (but the LED blinks fast), you only have to switch mode by shorting quickly G and the square PIN.

Reactions: 1 users
I ended up ordering some of these anyway, for some bluetooth speaker projects. I got two of the 'plain' dsp boards, and two with class D amps.
I'm still waiting for the software to make DSP adjustments, so I'm just doing some function checks.
This is what one of the 'plain' boards is putting out on L & R channels, so there is some 'bass enhancement' & EQ active. S/N is not great, but it could also be my quick and dirty setup for measuring too. There is significant distortion in the bass from the 'enhancement'. It can also be seen when measuring LF sine. Trying a 1k sine the distortion is buried in the noise.
EDIT: This is using it as a USB sound card. Have not tested AUX or BT.

1686310321562.png

Hello! Does anyone know how to turn on the equalizer in bluetooth mode?
You have to set the EQ while playing through USB and then write the configuration to the device (there's a dedicated button if i remember correctly, and i left everything the way i found it). You have to write every time you want to save a configuration, otherwise it won't be loaded and will keep the previous one.

I ended up ordering some of these anyway, for some bluetooth speaker projects. I got two of the 'plain' dsp boards, and two with class D amps.
I'm still waiting for the software to make DSP adjustments, so I'm just doing some function checks.
This is what one of the 'plain' boards is putting out on L & R channels, so there is some 'bass enhancement' & EQ active. S/N is not great, but it could also be my quick and dirty setup for measuring too. There is significant distortion in the bass from the 'enhancement'. It can also be seen when measuring LF sine. Trying a 1k sine the distortion is buried in the noise.
EDIT: This is using it as a USB sound card. Have not tested AUX or BT.

View attachment 1181856
You are right, the boards come with a pre-applied EQ and some bass boost (that's why it doesn't sound quite right at first). I have the software if you need it, as i've seen the seller still hasn't sent you the files (i hope this doesn't break forum rules). Otherwise you can try asking to other sellers, they usually provide the files even if you haven't bought from them.

I got the SW now, and there was a lot of EQ and bass 'enhancement' etc active. I have not re-measured it yet, but I connected it to a pair of speakers in the garage, made some basic adjustments, and use it to listen to. Seems to work ok. I did have to restart once because there was no sound, but other than that, it seems to work.
I suspect the measurements will not be so nice, but I would say sound is ok for background music, maybe not for critical listening.