Troels NOMEX 164: any thoughts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are two consecutive measurements of my Kefs; I often get differing reponses on the same speakers. Usually the responses are much peakier, less flat.

kef iq5 (1).jpg

kef iq5 (2).jpg

Hi Pascal,
When I set the output to max it says there is clipping and to turn it down.

I have ground of mic and headphone to speaker (-)

I cannot hear anything out of the speakers. I thought that was normal because I figured the signal just went back to mic input.

You must use output headphone at max volume and if its OK you can hear the logsweep from your speakers.
It's a very low sound, but audible.

If you have clipping warnings, then you must reduce mic input on your system controls.

On windows XP clic on the speaker icon on the systray, then
Options -> Properties -> Reccord maybe ? (enregistrement) -> OK

Then you have access to the control panel for audio inputs.
reduce mic/line input until you have no clipping messages.

Your input level must be set to line, maybe it can work on mic level also.

Pascal I will try what you said, I have the mic up all the way and boosted 20 db because I was getting error (input level too low), maybe that is the problem. I'm not sure how to set it to line. I have headphone output volume very low because that was the only way to calibrate the levels and rig without error; input up, output down. maybe something's not hooked up correctly.

Dumptruck, I used a multimeter to test what went to what channel. Tip- left, middle ring- right, last ring- ground. Red rca is right, correct? Are you saying the tip should not be left?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.