Transmission line speakers I have never seen before. Need help to figure every thing out

Your super tweeters may be regarded as superfluous! :D

I would disconnect the one that "works" and physically retain both for decorative purposes.
That's exactly how much I have done. It's a shame that they didn't work, bit never mind. The top end is nice I'm not hearing I'm missing much. Connecting these speakers to myy Pioneer er420 I will be able to use bass and tweeter for equalisation.

One question, what would the ohm's be on these speakers?
Same question for the other TL speakers I have

But 1 question, can too much woolly damping material hinder poor bass at very low levels?
I mean the dampening material is really pushed in!

The amount of damping is important in a correctly working transmission line. It needs to be dense enough to absorb the harmonics but light enough to let the fundamental through and out the port. TLs from the 70s often used fluffy wool which tended to both settle and get eaten by insects degrading the performance of the line. Not easy to do much about it once the panels are glued down.

Reactions: 1 users
I would consider replacing the ELCAP capacitors as their capacitance values may have changed significantly since 1979.

I mean the ones that look like this:

1716487412763.png

If you have a multimeter (and no speaker renovator should be without one!) which includes a capacitance scale, you could always check whether any have drifted in value or not.

I recommend Mundorf ECaps as replacements: https://wilmslowaudio.co.uk/mundorf-electrolytic-ecap-capacitors

Unfortunately, I'm neither in the position to upgrade the crossover design nor to comment on replacement drivers.

Reactions: 1 user
So only 1 ST works! ! I then just went for it, swapped phase at amplifier=nothing interesting. Then swapt the M phase unit=peacks in mid up and down but I did hear that annoying pathetic bass, only 1 thing to do their. .that was to swap phase at the bass unit. ."HALLELUJAH" Top side was great I mean really nice midrange including tweeter very good indeed. Bass was coming through deep and correct. But 1 question, can too much woolly damping material hinder poor bass at very low levels?

Good job chaps you are" the A team "
In Rogers’ article for the mark 2 he specifies the points along the line length where the long haired wool was to be placed. The density mentioned was 1/2 to 3/4 lb / cubic foot as well as subjective adjustments as necessary. Present day recommendations eg King, horn models and measurements are available to us these days.

The amount of damping is important in a correctly working transmission line. It needs to be dense enough to absorb the harmonics but light enough to let the fundamental through and out the port. TLs from the 70s often used fluffy wool which tended to both settle and get eaten by insects degrading the performance of the line. Not easy to do much about it once the panels are glued down.
I pulled out from the end of the line an amount to easy fill 2 cubic ft box!!
Emedeatly a felt/herd the difference. Shocking it was compressed into 1/4 ft area. I'm going to do behind the B139 later.