Transmission Line Modelling Software

Guys,

Under the condition "it was online available" and it is NOT my IP. I am legally NOT the person to distribute...... :eek:

Please use to your discretion.

Unzip first, than run the setup file, it should install LA beta 3.6.3.5 (double click on the zip file and than double click on the setup.exe should do the job).

On my Mac I run "Parallels Desktop, which provides me MS Windows under MacOS.

It is the only version I have, runs quit stable. The only issue I have is running more projects one after an other with different drivers. The software gets confused and does not update the driver type and T&S parameters correctly. Closing it and fresh restart solves it. Further saving a new driver shows a bit strange behaviour, but hey, this is a brilliant application, it's free and helped me understand TL.;)

Oh, by the way. I started safeguarding all my software some year ago. I made a directory called "Software" (may struck you by surprise :D) in my home directory (on a Mac), and in that directory I have all kinds of dir's (PreSonus, Apple, MicroSoft, Leonard Software, etc.). In each dir I copy the install files (.exe, .dmg, etc.). Because it's in my homedir, it's also on my backup (standard on Mac's). To be specific, I DO NOT install from that dir, just a copy of the install files (as we used to have a USB stick, CD's or even from the stone age Floppy disks.

Have fun.

kind regards, Frans

Attachments

• setup.exe.zip
    196.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
see the image

Attachments

• Cattura.PNG
    Cattura.PNG
    12.8 KB · Views: 390
bit of a roundabout hack but I tried it on another machine and it installed ok

I am assuming no prior knowledge of webserver configuration so tried to make this simple....

1) download the attached zip (which contains a few files culled from my local installation of this app)

2) extract the contents to some directory, I used C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\fenix and you should end up with a directory in here named software in which you will find a file named TransmissionLine.application and another folder named Application Files which contains another folder named TransmissionLine_3_6_3_5 (which contains some other files inc the exe itself) NB: this zip contains the files the installer wants to download, the full list is shown below

Code:
./software
./software/Application Files
./software/Application Files/TransmissionLine_3_6_3_5
./software/Application Files/TransmissionLine_3_6_3_5/Box.ico.deploy
./software/Application Files/TransmissionLine_3_6_3_5/favicon.ico.deploy
./software/Application Files/TransmissionLine_3_6_3_5/Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs.dll.deploy
./software/Application Files/TransmissionLine_3_6_3_5/Resources
./software/Application Files/TransmissionLine_3_6_3_5/Resources/TL-UserGuide.pdf.deploy
./software/Application Files/TransmissionLine_3_6_3_5/TransmissionLine.exe.config.deploy
./software/Application Files/TransmissionLine_3_6_3_5/TransmissionLine.exe.deploy
./software/Application Files/TransmissionLine_3_6_3_5/TransmissionLine.exe.manifest
./software/TransmissionLine.application

3) configure a webserver to serve this directory on port 80, I used fenix webserver to keep it simple for windows users so instructions for that follow
- download & install it - Fenix Web Server | Static Web Servers for the Desktop
- go to the Web Servers menu and select new
- give it any name, set port = 80 and pick the directory you used in step 2

fenix.png

- click start server
- check it is working by opening another tab and entering localhost in the address, you should see a directory listing like

localhost.png

4) edit your hosts file to repoint leonardaudio to your PC, this means open c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts in a text editor like notepad (as an administrator) and add the following line

hosts.png

5) check this worked by going to the same url (leonardaudio.co.uk) in another tab, it should show the same directory listing as in the last pic from step 3

6) run the setup.exe posted earlier, it should now install the app normally

Attachments

• software.zip
    774.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Apps\2.0\... (under some randomly named folders)

There's only two folders listed, though when I double click on one of them it goes to another folder, etc., and finally got to one labeled 3.6.3.5 with only a single file:

user.config 10 KB

Did the same in other folder and found:

tran...exe_127a55d62cc03faa_0003.0006_en-gb_11bb92a502d617c2 560 KB

[listed as the TransmissionLine.exe.config]

tran...exe_127a55d62cc03faa_0003.0006_en-gb_11bb92a502d617c2.cdf-ms 16 KB

tran...exe_127a55d62cc03faa_0003.0006_en-gb_11bb92a502d617c2.manifest 10 KB

Any help?

GM

Last edited:
it's DIY isn't it? :)

the alternatives is hoping the the installed files are portable as is (and someone posts them), I suspect the issue there will be if you don't have the right .NET dependencies installed then you'd need to manually install them. Using the installer approach should avoid any such issues.