• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Transformer-fed TDA8932 25W/8R mono amp kits

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I start in way like that: PXL_20210426_065436528.jpg

Wow - those power supplies rather dwarf the amps. Are they Meanwells?

I started out using a Meanwell (after graduating from my bench supplies) but for a boxed up amp I'd veer towards an open PCB design like this : 24V3A????? 24V70W?????? AC-DC???? 110/220?24-???

Meanwell supplies will certainly have safety and EMC certification, can't say anything with confidence about PCBs from Taobao though. Just this one is far from being the cheapest and isn't filled up with white gunk so at least the parts used are clearly visible.

Assuming that 'second led' means the red LED that's a sign that the amp chip hasn't come out of reset. Which most likely means its environment isn't as expected.

First thing to check is the supply voltages - pin2 (middle pin) of the two regulators (U3 & U4), relative to 0V. They should be around 21V. Then check C6 positive side, it should be around 2.2V.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Thanks Richard,

both channels are measuring the same and both channels are working now as they should. Haven't checked, if the second one makes music, yet the red led disappears on both now and there is no DC on the speaker output. While measuring I noticed some bad solders at the TDA and after resoldering, it was ok. So I am keen to listen to music via this amp this evening. :)

Thanks and regards

Ernst

Joined 2007
Paid Member
This amp is surprisingly powerful without the heat of the class A amps I usually run. And so tiny.
Currently playing on some almost 40 years old Tannoy 10" Monitor speaker and later going to drive Bastanis open baffle. Promising so far.

Yes, I thought about that polarized option.

Cheers

Ernst

Hi Folks!

I received my amp-kit a few days ago. Treated very well by Richard! Everthing perfectly labelled and packed!

Putting the parts together was a pleasure again. Went smoothly without interruptions.

After giving it a prolimenary psu, 24Volt, and connecting it through a 47uF cap with the Phideca dac, it was a surprize to me, that a , to the eye simple amp, could be that musical! Good balance and mighty powerfull. No hiss, hum, cracks or distortion, to the ear.

The combo throws its musical intensions at a set of fourty years old Quad ELS 64, and with success!
I love the Dac/Amp combination as much as I did the separate Decadac already.

I keep an eye on you, Richard, so you know.
And thank you for now....

Last edited: