TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

Hei Dani

Can you tell me the footprint of the output cap?

Will order too :)

Stock power caps (Radial) : Nichicon VZ serie : 18 x 35.5mm
Update caps : Nichicon KW : 20X40mm (fit well but you can't go over diameter 20mm)
Buffer caps : Nichicon FW : 5x11mm

It goes without saying that the height of the caps will be conditioned by the size of the chosen case)

Work in progress ))))))))

Last edited:
Hi,

I've been testing 3 PSU :

1) 350W LLC PSU (600W peak) 48V / 7.2A with Nichicon KW Audio grade Output caps

2) LLC 300W PSU (600 Peak) 35V / 8.5A with stock caps

3) AudioFX SMPS Brick 36V / 6.5A + 24V/ 6A

Me feeling : best results with Option 1, everything is cleaner, no disturbances, no noise and dead silence between tracks. ( I have some high end floor speakers 93DB / 100W RMS, 2.5 way speakers with Ribbon tweeters). Option 2 works fine too but a I can hear a slight noise when I glue my ears towards the speakers @more than 1m it is almost imperceptible, the same with Option 3.
NB : I will update output caps on Option 2 to check anyway )

The main idea of this project is to get a great TPA3255 with a nice price that fits into a compact 131*249*55mm case )

Can you provide the links to the power supplies you are testing ?

Also links to the cases you are are using in each of your projects.

Many thanks. James.

Hi amigo,

Sure )

PS : with minor updates you can have a good PSU (caps updgrade, copper film etc...) I did not measure the ripple but almost sure it is respectable).

The first is here : (you need to ask for the right option single / dual / power etc) :

Amplificateur HIFI alimentation en Mode de commutation SMPS LLC Tech 500W 600W 1000W 1500W 2000W PSU double sortie cc +- 24V 36V 48V 60V 70V 80V | AliExpress

Then you have the TZT but I don't it in stock anymore (see my previous post for pictures).
Tension negative Positive de sortie d'alimentation de commutation d'amplificateur de puissance de 600W LLC adaptent le AC200 240V de tension | AliExpress

For the Brick one :
FX-AUDIO Adaptateur Secteur Alimentation 100-240V vers 36V 6A - Audiophonics

And if you are looking for the very best possible PSU, Micro Audio is a safe Value with the SMPS600 about $75:
They are also making high end PSU for Purifi, well known in this forum.

For cases, depends on my projects but usually :
(Sometimes I am using some ABS / alu cases also)

BRZHIFI BZ1306 serie boitier en aluminium pour bricolage personnalise | AliExpress
BRZHIFI BZ2106R serie boitier en aluminium pour bricolage personnalise | AliExpress

For my Purifi and Ncore amps, I am used to get the H2000 GX serie, made in Italy :
I do love the Eco Serie, vintage look (last pictures)

https://modushop.biz/site/

Some pictures :

Last edited:
Hi Daniboun

I mena blue ones.

The amp output filter.

Attachments

• InkedTPA_LI.jpg
    InkedTPA_LI.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Hey everyone,
I've been silently following this forum thread for a while now and I've decided to jump in and build an amplifier of ready made boards. First off, thank you everyone for testing and reporting in on all those different configurations. I went ahead and purchased a Shui Yuan board that daniboun mentioned. Their own store on AliExpress had 100 boards available yesterday night, but none available today, so I got one from the Kathern music store on AliExpress. It'll take two weeks to get here, but should be a fun and more importantly inexpensive way to get into this project. Next step is to order the op1656 and suitable power supply. Happy to share progress if it is useful to anyone.

Hey everyone,
I've been silently following this forum thread for a while now and I've decided to jump in and build an amplifier of ready made boards. First off, thank you everyone for testing and reporting in on all those different configurations. I went ahead and purchased a Shui Yuan board that daniboun mentioned. Their own store on AliExpress had 100 boards available yesterday night, but none available today, so I got one from the Kathern music store on AliExpress. It'll take two weeks to get here, but should be a fun and more importantly inexpensive way to get into this project. Next step is to order the op1656 and suitable power supply. Happy to share progress if it is useful to anyone.

Welcome to the world of DIY Amplifiers.

Just to get started I would source a 24 volt Mean Well LRS-200-24 or LRS-150-24 or possibly something like the SP-240-24 as these seem to be cheap on eBay. All these can be adjusted just shy of 30 volts which is more than enough for most domestic applications.

If you get stuck for the OPA1656 on adapters drop me a line as I have both finished and the adapter boards.

All the best, Stay Safe
James.

Hey everyone,

I wish you could love it. The stock version is nice but you should try the updates for the next step )

Last edited:

The first is here : (you need to ask for the right option single / dual / power etc)

Amplificateur HIFI alimentation en Mode de commutation SMPS LLC Tech 500W 600W 1000W 1500W 2000W PSU double sortie cc +- 24V 36V 48V 60V 70V 80V | AliExpress

Then you have the TZT but I don't it in stock anymore (see my previous post for pictures).
Tension negative Positive de sortie d'alimentation de commutation d'amplificateur de puissance de 600W LLC adaptent le AC200 240V de tension | AliExpress

For the Brick one :
FX-AUDIO Adaptateur Secteur Alimentation 100-240V vers 36V 6A - Audiophonics

And if you are looking for the very best possible PSU, Micro Audio is a safe Value with the SMPS600 about $75.....

It appears only the cheap brick, you listed above, works with 120VAC input. I cannot find the Micro Audio SMPS600, but I did find the Connex SMPS300RS for $65 (plus $18 shipped to USA from China), which can be ordered for 230 or 120 VAC input.

SMPS300RS | Connex Electronic

Connex-SMPS300RS-48V.JPG

Last edited: