TPA3250 somebody is listening?

Hello, I have some doubt about two groups of capacitors.
The yellow rectangle is between the volume knob and the opamps - is this audio signal path? Isn't it better to use there film caps?
Also for the green marked rectangle - these can be also replaced with film caps? And is this 10uF value the best for them?
I can try to fit polyester Epcos on both places if is OK to do that

Attachments

• tpa3250.jpg
    tpa3250.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 384
I would change the big PSU caps and the 4 audio input caps first.

PSU caps: Nichicon FG or FW (neutral sound). Nichicon VZ & Elna Silmic II (warm sound). Nichicon PW (analytical sound).

Audio caps: Nichicon KZ, FG or FW (neutral). Elna Silmic II & Nichicon VZ (warm).

The KZ for instance sounds better than many film/foil caps so be careful with polys.

If you use Nichicon on the PSU you can make the sound warmer by adding small Silmic II or VZ in parallel.

A very important mod is to put a much larger cap to the AVDD rail (pin14), at least 220uF. This makes a HUGE difference. In comparison PFFB is rather unimportant.

Last edited:
Regarding AVVD: I had to change my heatsink even after putting the cap horizontal on the PCB. My original cap was a dirty cheap SMD garbage (1uF or even smaller). Now I have a Panasonic Pureism PXL cap there with 470uF/16V. Much better bass & body. Much cleaner overall sound. Instruments sound more realistic. Less electronic haze in the upper mids, more transparency. In my setup this mod produced considerably better sound quality. I remember the moment when I've done this mod and was listening I thought: Now we are talking!

AVVD rail (brought out for decoupling at pin 14 (TPA-3255)).

Last edited: