TPA3250 somebody is listening?

psu 24V correction

Hi

the Earth connection is done - additionally on case + correct the switch indicator lamp if its power on.
my son (10) helped me once again to build this...

Attachments

• psu_24V_5.jpg
    psu_24V_5.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 445
  • psu_24V_6.jpg
    psu_24V_6.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 435
cheers again, I received my amp today, finally! and what a beautiful and small amp it is! It plays very well right out of the box and I was surprised by its power despite of size :-o

looking forward for my modifications, lets the tuning begin! :)

Just started with simple listening tests and measurements and it did 2x30W@8R with default 24V PSU with no mods so far, very nice! Still waiting to receive my 32V power supply so I am very curious what the differences will be, after modding opamps, capacitors, cooling and power supply.

This is my first class D amp and it is unbelievable how low heat it produces :-o

The audible noise-floor of the amp is very quiet indeed as was refered many times here, but after measuring it on scope it produces 200-300mV 450kHz inaudible noise, so not very good in that terms, but maybe this is the class D feature, or not proper output filter?

I had to prepare the orders for the parts so opened the amp... pfff what a dissapointment, as nice it is from outside so ugly it is from inside :D I am surprised it didn't blow up, check the images and the solder work on the PCB, never seen such a awful soldering, there are probably no shorts just thanks to soldering mask, so this was a ticking bomb of some sort...

Last edited:
I would not say poor quality is related to this chip.

I meant of course not about the chip. Now there is no choice, only this noname manufacturer made an TPA3250 amplifier. I think that SMSL or Topping or other well-known manufacturers would make a better quality board and amplifier at all. But for unknown reason other manufacturers did not make amplifiers with TPA3250

I meant of course not about the chip. Now there is no choice, only this noname manufacturer made an TPA3250 amplifier. I think that SMSL or Topping or other well-known manufacturers would make a better quality board and amplifier at all. But for unknown reason other manufacturers did not make amplifiers with TPA3250

i would not call fx audio as "no name" this company is existing since 2011深圳市飞想数码科技有限公司
ok the hompage is strange and not actual. but the 502spro is really the only one with the tpa3250 chip and lets says...according to your pcb... fx audio has a "quality control issue" ;):D

the fx tube 01 get good feedback...as i read...

chris

foil on the opamp

Hi

yesterday i did the first test with foil over the opamps. i do not ground it...is it necessary?

foil like this:
Anpro 15M Kapton Tape Klebeband Selbstklebend Kupferfolie, EMI Abschirmband Kupferfolie Kupferband 2.54cmx15m, EINWEG: Amazon.de: Baumarkt

yesterday i pus 150mVrms into the amp, its runs with LRS10-24 set to 24V. on 8R i get about 1,5 Watt per channel with the 1 o clock volume setting.

3 minute i check with my temp tool the difference of the housing of both opamps = difference of temp of the opamp with/ without foil was 32°C and 38°C
so the opmap for R channel has the foil- opamp for L channel has no foil, scope at pin 4 and pin 1 -GND and outA

pic 1 with foil
pic 2 no foil
pic 3 speaker output R channel with no signal (opamp with foil)
pic 4 speaker output L channel with no signal (opamp without foil)
pic 5 19khz at R channel sp output
pic 6 19khz at L channel sp output

Attachments

• L channel with 19khz signal.jpg
    L channel with 19khz signal.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 69
  • R channel with 19khz signal.jpg
    R channel with 19khz signal.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 431
  • L channel without signal.jpg
    L channel without signal.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 428
  • R channel without signal.jpg
    R channel without signal.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 432
  • opamp without foil L input 150mVrms_1khz_1.jpg
    opamp without foil L input 150mVrms_1khz_1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 439
  • opamp with foil R input 150mVrms_1khz_1.jpg
    opamp with foil R input 150mVrms_1khz_1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 437
today i start o give the opamp L channel near the potentiometer a foil too.
the temp behavior is really the same = better both opamp give me with 150mVrms and the volume knob at 1 o´clock the same temperature...its about 32°C...ok thats fine

now the compare at the same opamp = L channel opamp pic yesterday and today

pic 1 without foil 19khz
pic 2 with foil 19khz
pic 3 without foil 19khz speaker output
pic 4 with foil 19khz speaker output

no really big findings...?

Attachments

• opamp without foil L input 150mVrms_19khz_1.jpg
    opamp without foil L input 150mVrms_19khz_1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 2_opamp with foil L input 150mVrms_19khz_1.jpg
    2_opamp with foil L input 150mVrms_19khz_1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 65
  • L channel with 19khz signal.jpg
    L channel with 19khz signal.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 2_L channel with 19khz signal.jpg
    2_L channel with 19khz signal.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 63
last foil test

same opamp measured the "noise" at is pin 4 - pin 8 - Supply pins, amp powered up- no signal in

pic 1 without foil
pic 2 with foil

Attachments

• psu voltage at L opamp v+ GND no signal without foil.jpg
    psu voltage at L opamp v+ GND no signal without foil.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 87
  • psu voltage at L opamp v+ GND no signal with foil.jpg
    psu voltage at L opamp v+ GND no signal with foil.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 81
I dont think these mods are worth it as the changes are negligible. If you want some more advanced and further tuning do a best cooling possible and raise the switching frequency of TPA... or change the surrounding capacitors for better ones etc...

I am looking forward to do so, already ordered... just waiting for supplies to come in :) also now I am searching for some 5mm aluminium plate to crew from the bottom to get cooling from the enclosure :)