Toroid Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What do you need those 9-12VAC for?

Supposing it's for a tube amp or preamp, will the 5 or 6.3VAC be used for filaments?

Will you use the 18VAC winding?

Really, for a useful answer , you must supply as many details as possible,end use, a schematic if possible..

Otherwise it's like asking: "can I boil water with a BIC lighter?"

I am installing a MV04 2 Channel ALPS IR Remote Control Volume & Input Selection Module on a preamp IR remote control
ALPS Motorized volume control for 2 channels, board size: 120mm x 55mm
Input selection (4-to-1 way, stereo), board size: 130mm x50mm
input impedance: 100K Ohms
Supply voltage: 9-12V AC

Joined 2011
how do you check polarity

Use the mfr's spec sheet if you have it. Otherwise, find out by trial and error.
One way in series they will add in voltage, the other way they'll subtract.
You won't need to parallel the 6V windings, since 2A is plenty.
Big overkill on the power rating of the transformer. Why not use a 9 or 12VAC wall wart?

Last edited:
i can,t tie into the two 6.3 taps

Attachments

• PREAMP CON.png
    PREAMP CON.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 255
Joined 2011
i can,t tie into the two 6.3 taps

No, because they're each being used for two different circuits. They can't be connected together.

You may be able to use ONE of the 6V windings (not the one for the 6X4 rectifier) with a voltage doubler
rectifier to get around 16VDC, and then use a regulator to reduce it to 9-12VDC. But this entire motor/drive
circuit will have to float and cannot be connected to ground anywhere, because of the other circuit that also
uses the same winding.

To be sure that you can do this, post the schematics of the boards that you are using.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.