Tony Gee Plutone

No idea about reviews, but if you are willing to shell out for these excellent drivers in a big reflex box, I don't think you will go far wrong.

Humble Homemade Hifi - Plutone

TBH, I think the crossover is overly simplistic, and won't play well with classical music. But an excellent Jazz speaker. It's probably 1.2mH coil on the bass and 3.3uF and 0.3mH coil on the tweeter.

Just buy aircore coils and some reasonable single capacitor and it'll sound good. Improvements might come later on crossover. It's quite John Devore Orangutan or Snell or Audionote IMO. Sort of thing I like doing.
I would disagree about the capacitor.
I think Mr Tony Gee is one of the few builders who pays attention to fine tuning the crossover. The largest capacitor is of small capacity, the 3 middle ones are there for fine-tuning, since the main (large) capacitor is not made in equivalent value large + 3 small.
Here it is also obtained on the discharge speed. You can read about the importance of the bypass capacitor on the humblehomemadehifi page in the "capacitor test" section.

No idea about reviews, but if you are willing to shell out for these excellent drivers in a big reflex box, I don't think you will go far wrong.

TBH, I think the crossover is overly simplistic, and won't play well with classical music. But an excellent Jazz speaker. It's probably 1.2mH coil on the bass and 3.3uF and 0.3mH coil on the tweeter.

Just buy aircore coils and some reasonable single capacitor and it'll sound good. Improvements might come later on crossover. It's quite John Devore Orangutan or Snell or Audionote IMO. Sort of thing I like doing.
I think these values are far from real.
In my opinion these values could be approximately correct :
C 2.2uF + 3×0.1uF + 2×0.01uF
L1 somewhere around 4.5mH
L2 between 1.2mH and 1.3mH .
I would have to do a little more work to get the component values 100% correct but I think these are pretty close to the real thing.

It's not every day you see such a small capacitor and a large coil in the tweeter branch. If the whole thing is looked at superficially, it is easy to make a big mistake in the values of C and L .

Hi Steve,

Sorry but you are way off with the component values and they don't sound at all like an Audionote or similar. Feel free to visit when you are near Amsterdam. :cheers:
Do you know the exact values?
Did you build these speakers?
If you have measured the correct values of C and L, would you be willing to tell me the values of uF and mH.
I'm very curious about that. unfortunately, this is out of my price range.