TI Class D EVM Board 50% Promotion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After ordering a TPA32255 on 25 September and not getting confirmation of shipment, I sent an email to TI. Today I received the following email from TI (emphasis added):

"Hello Neil,
Thanks for contacting TI customer support. Due to the high demand on the part you ordered, TPA3255EVM is currently out of stock, however, your order is estimated to ship on 12/29/17. Please know that we are doing everything we can to ensure that all our customers are satisfied. We apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Regards,
Chinenye Ndubuokwu
TI Customer Support
Americas Customer Support Center
512-434-1560"

It would appear that TI is trying to collect enough orders to justify building another batch. I still have not heard anything concerning my order, so I must assume that I might receive a board sometime early next year.....OK, I have too many projects in process right now, but a 600 watt sub thumper amp just by connecting a pre made board to a power supply I already have sounds too easy......but then a new speaker would be needed because mine would have burst into flames.....

Hey Tubelab, here’s something that will amuse you!

OK after frying a poor Dayton sub, I could pop one of these gismos on to the EVB and work on blowing up some EV guitar speakers......those seem to be harder to fry. So far they have eaten everything I throw at them and I have used them for almost 20 years.

I may order one of these for something else. I already have a TI TPA3100D2 EVB rescued from the scrap pile at the Motorola plant where I used to work. It's about 10 WPC, maybe a bit less on 12V. Hardwire its inputs to the TI guitar preamp EVB and stuff the whole thing into an electric guitar body with a little Faital Pro 3FE22 speaker and a 12 volt LIPO . Guitar and practice amp all in one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.