Thoughts about retirement...

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Check out Emanuel Swedenborg if you are interested in that stuff (I'm not).

I have the most weird dreams and I've experienced a lot of weird stuff too so I'm not saying it's all crappola...I'm just saying keep it to yourself. That's the best idea.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif] [/FONT]

The other day the elevator door opened and the tram wasn't there. I took that as a sign. I bought a lottery ticket and it proved to be a blessing. I won a free ticket. If I keep this up I won't have to worry about ever buying a lottery ticket again.

Retirement you say? I believe in Real Estate in a rich persons market in a place where sub-prime mortgages don't come back to bite you. Yes I realize that narrows the options but I was lucky enough to find myself in such a place and to start a business that you never have to retire from is another asset. Keeps you active, sharp minded and able to put some of the earnings into retirement savings as well as fairly secure investments.

Memories of the "bad things" (like getting fired, or losing a parent) become less sharp with time, and you do realize that when one door closes another opens up.

Chris Isaak - Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing - YouTube

True; relatives, family members, friends die, and new comers come (babies).

Retirement is giving a chance to our children; sharing our wealth (financial and all; wisdom).
...And spending time with our grandchildren. ...Giving them true love.

Retirement is taking the time to see things more clearly, and act accordingly. ...It is the liberation of our own world into the new world of others (the younger generations).

How many people truly retire in an eternal lifetime?

Last edited:
I find it kind of confusing when it comes to retirement.

Your always told to:
-Work your *** off, it will pay in the end.
-Save money for retirement.
-Work...work and work...oh yeah and work some more.

For what? So that when you do get to retire at the age of 60 or 65 your going to be too old to enjoy retirement, cripple and that's suppose to be when the fun starts? When the health problems start to kick in? No thanks.

I never listen to what others say. Because they learned it themselves from people who didn't have a clue about life's enjoyment. We learn as we go along, ourselves.
Each individual find his own way to retirement. ...There is no magic recipe for happiness.
And money is certainly not part of the equation.

Good health, mentally and physically, are ingredients. ...Mixed with smart knowledge and good heart and will.

Me, I enjoy good sex and watching movies and listening to music and be in constant contact with my surroundings; trees, mountains, forests, oceans, wildlife, sky, people, and all that simplistic jazz.

So that when you do get to retire at the age of 60 or 65 your going to be too old to enjoy retirement, cripple and that's suppose to be when the fun starts
?

So I'm going to be cripple at 60???? I turned 62 last week and I routinely beat people half my age at most physical contests. You are what you make of yourself. My motto.....never grow up, because when you start growing up you start growing old, and when you start growing old you start to die!

My wife dragged me to a family event last Saturday. After a while she couldn't find be in the house, so she looked outside....there I was playing basketball with the kids, age 5 to 9. Works for me.....The adults were all watching TV, talking, and stuffing their faces full of food.

especially if you drop dead trying to keep up with the boys.

At any age you must know and understand your limits, both physical and mental. If not, you will get in trouble. I know that I have back and shoulder issues, so I avoid any activity that stresses these areas.

When a 5 year old heaves the basketball at your face with everything he has got, you catch it and ask him if he would like you to do the same. When a 35 year old with a big ego does the same.....you learn to avoid these games. Ditto "touch" football.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
At any age you must know and understand your limits, both physical and mental.

So when someone says 'the sky's the limit' you are not to believe it, right?

I don't know my DNA that well to know my limits. Guess I should know by now but I don't. I knew the limits, somehow, of my Suzuki 500c.c. and sometimes I know I can't expect much from somebody but this it's not an exact science. In fact I'm prone to mistakes.