This is the DHR.... Dx High Resolution Turbo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For a while, it is good to tell folks the boards are untested

So, not guaranteed...under revision... let's say, boards shown but not really released...built them under your own risk.

Alex should test them...unfortunately he cannot...so... we have nice things to see and no board to assemble.

For a while this is the reality.... i will not assemble, as i am doing other amplifiers now a days...and my cooperative friend Alex MM has not time to do also.

So.... a nice help from him...but i cannot offer you guarantee... those things need to be assembled to be sure no bugs are there.

Also if we have space enougth to all parts, the holes diameter problems, the capacitances, if board will start oscilations or not...well... the way it is now it is dangerous!... untested!

regards,

Carlos

both of the pcb s

presented by alex mm should be cosnsidered as a product of a lot of work ....pcb like that is not made in 5 minutes ......

i will agree with carlos that both of the pcb will require testing from many points of view .....

for sure though this version here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1554773#post1554773 looks simple and symetric but traces are not thick enough for an amp of this power....also the way drive board is away from power board cannot provide any guarantee on how the average user will make the wiring ( thats a very big risk ) if wiring is done wrong like for example far away from main board ...then feedbacks and grounds are going to be too sensitive ........

then on the other hand the newest is too messy and badly aranged ....it doesnt look good ...it might be working perfectly but it doesnt look good .....

hei alex !!!! have you considered a "piggy board " ???????

please look attached foto of one pcb that is designed by me for the CHAMELEON AMPLIFIER and actually is made by two boards lower board is the power board with the power transitors and zobel and decouling and with one 3mm spacer and a three pin connector you have a piggy board exactly on the top of the power board that includes ( in my case ) the ic that provides the drive and also the seperated connectors for 15+15 volts .....

we all know that uncle charly doesnt like ic but this idea could be easilly adopted for your big amplifier and provide a lot of flexibility since also drive unit is going to be far away enough from all the big currents that flow in the power board .... and also the both pcb will end up to something very small, safe and functional ....

please take a look and private mail me with your opinion ....

thanks
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Yes Sakis...looks good.

Thank you to show your board to us.
There's a rule i use to apply to all friends that wants to cooperate producing boards to Dx Amplifier... the rule is:

- "Produce the complete work, produce boards, make them real and assemble them to see if they work fine"

This seems, in my language:

- "Fazer o trabalho inteiro; barba, cabelo e bigode"

To make the whole job, say... cut beard, cut hair and give a retouch into the moustache.... (please Duda, explain the meaning to them)

Why?

Because normally i have other circuits beeing done, and happened many times that several guys came with their board design and offered, gladly, to the Dx Amplifier thread.... well.... i found myself in troubles... to be sure all offers would work fine, i would have to build by myself.

I have perceive this not fair... people creating several new ideas and i would be working alike a machine..without stop... each new idea, each retouch and i would move myself to offer guarantee to the builders.

I decided to do differently.... i will give my support, will say the board is guarantee, will offer to the people to build, if tested by the board designer.

Your board is lovely Sakis.... by the way, the thread is DHR Turbo.... what about to build my amplifier Sakis?

regards,

Carlos

Great nephew Alexandru... very good... thank you.

great!

Excelent!

Pretty!

Good!

thanks,

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dhr turbo small ab.jpg
    dhr turbo small ab.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,179
I hope not, or at least Alexandru may not comment here

We cannot use follow as free advertising to sell things.

This is a free design, offered for free to all friends, to all audiophiles, to all diyaudio communitty.

If we start a business we have to first pay space into our forum to advertisement.

Of course, what forum folks make directly, using personal mail contacts are out from this control...so.... if some business starts, please go directly to E mail and do not mention values here.

If Alexandru, or any forum folks decide to open a group buy, to order board and to distribute, and this for free, without profit..then will be another story.

I see nobody has started nothing...but signs shows me that something can start and it is good to remember that we have the
"long arm from the law" around... and the best moderator is also a very good shotter too.

I feel very happy you have appreciated Alexandru work on that board Meanman...also the trust, the confidence and appreciation into my amplifier...i have to thank you very much for that.

Made my day.... great!...good!.

Sounds great, great, great and great!...it is a heavy punch into the stomach, the violine attacks your feeling and puts your arm hairs all stand up because emotions.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• pop alexandru... dear alex contribution.jpg
    pop alexandru... dear alex contribution.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,134
Negative my dear, you do not have to apologize... you made nothing wrong

I had to remember folks about those things, because i was afraid we started some business here...not allowed.

But directly.. using E mail.... no problems.

Try Alexandru.... Alex mm..... who knows what he has in mind.... i think he has not the intention or free time to do those things...but give a try.

regards,

Carlos

Re: For a while, it is good to tell folks the boards are untested

destroyer X said:

So, not guaranteed...under revision... let's say, boards shown but not really released...built them under your own risk.

Alex should test them...unfortunately he cannot...so... we have nice things to see and no board to assemble.

For a while this is the reality.... i will not assemble, as i am doing other amplifiers now a days...and my cooperative friend Alex MM has not time to do also.

So.... a nice help from him...but i cannot offer you guarantee... those things need to be assembled to be sure no bugs are there.

Also if we have space enougth to all parts, the holes diameter problems, the capacitances, if board will start oscilations or not...well... the way it is now it is dangerous!... untested!

regards,

Carlos

The DHR Turbo sounds so good, so loud, that drives you happy and put you to dance

You gonna lubricate your bonds guys.... to dance, so happy you will feel is a guarantee.

DHR Turbo, this one puts even dead man to dance.

- "Playing inside the best homes in this water planet, the earth!"

Also...NOW... in my home... even the mosquitos are dancing here.

Yesssssss!

Carlos

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 908
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.