• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"The Wire" Official Boards for All Projects Available Here! BAL-BAL, SE-SE, LPUHP

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Boards have finally arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See pictures attached...

I'm in the process of building them up this evening and tomorrow, and I should be able to test them on Wednesday.

I will get payment requests out by Thursday, but I will send them one group at a time.

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• IMG_9144.JPG
    IMG_9144.JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 907
  • IMG_9146.JPG
    IMG_9146.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 856
  • IMG_9147.JPG
    IMG_9147.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 838
  • IMG_9149.JPG
    IMG_9149.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_9150.JPG
    IMG_9150.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 620
  • IMG_9152.JPG
    IMG_9152.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 311

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Q&A Time:

Just to be clear ... you guys are confusing 'complementary' with 'matched' they're not the same.

Correct... these are not matched pairs. There is little to no advantage to matching in this particular circuit, so none of these parts were ever matched.

Is the shunt reg board offered in this GB?
Thanks

No... it's still in the works. I need to make the board a little more DIY friendly, and then I'll offer it up at a later time. Expect it a little after the holidays, and accompanied by a few other new goodies.

Owen, where needed, will an updated BOM be posted in the relevant build threads, or a copy included in with the orders?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm just working on the BOM for each unit tonight and tomorrow, and then I will post them here and in a new Wiki.

They will also be going on my website, but it's still a work in progress.

The high power amp, SE-SE and BAL-BAL are all identical to the old ones, but the PSU is entirely different, and there are significant changes to the LPUHP.

Cheers,
Owen

SaibotC, have a read of this:

I have 10 complimentary pairs left over from the first GB of them, so if anyone is interested then please start a list in this thread. Add your diyAudio name and quantity required. I think they were $20 a set and based on the current pricing, that's roughly half price.

Strictly 10 pairs available only ... you're down for pair number 10 and 11.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

The last of the parts I needed arrived yesterday, and I spent the evening getting all the boards soldered up and ready to go for testing today.

I really like the way they turned out, and I'll take some more detailed pictures this evening after everything is tested.

As for building, I'm glad to report that the ENIG finish on the pads makes them a little easier to solder, especially the ICs. I just glop a lot of solder on the iron, add some flux to the pins and drag the iron across them. It worked every time without leaving any shorts!

The only parts I found a bit annoying to solder are the 1210 caps on the PSU, but even those aren't too bad. The solder bridges easily across the two that are close together, but they are on the same net, so it doesn't matter.

The tented vias also help a great deal in preventing accidental shorts where some of the vias were a little too close to adjacent nets.

Overall, I built one of every board in one full evening, so these should be no problem at all for the more experienced builders, and are definitely a good place to start even if you've never worked with SMD parts before.

SaibotC:

I should have closed off that FET GB when the list reached 10. I actually need the last of the 10 pairs to build up the prototype anyhow, so the fact that 9 pairs sold is perfect. I will keep you in mind if anyone drops out when it comes time to pay.

On that note:

LATERAL FET GB IS CLOSED! All 10 pairs have been sold.

Final list:

UrSv: 2 pairs
bwshockley: 2 pairs
Veggiel : 3 pairs
Robert F: 2 pairs

These will be added to the existing board order, and should not impact shipping costs.

Cheers,
Owen

Hi Guys,

Q&A Time:

Hi Paul,

I'm just working on the BOM for each unit tonight and tomorrow, and then I will post them here and in a new Wiki.

They will also be going on my website, but it's still a work in progress.

The high power amp, SE-SE and BAL-BAL are all identical to the old ones, but the PSU is entirely different, and there are significant changes to the LPUHP.

Cheers,
Owen

Any update on the final BOM's?
Need the ones for the SE-SE and the PSU so I can complete my Mouser order.

Regards

Not sure if you noticed but I did setup the "Wire-amp"(LME49830/LatFET) BOM in Mouser, so others can order from it, if they choose too.
Mouser does not sell the LatFET's, so they will have to be ordered from other distributors.
Missing the TO-264 insulators, so will lok to see what Mouser sells and add them on.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...lme49830-lateral-mosfets-222.html#post3695055
Might want to double check, my work. No LME49830 in stock til Dec'13 and no pcb for me yet ( I have put my order on the spreadsheet) so I can not verify Mouser BOM until I build/test one up.
Rick