• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Group buy

Yes, me too. I think some of us feel like we're dangling out in the wind. I'm still interested in the 10 Mhz sc cut xtal. If I knew a group buy was starting I'd try to get group support on the Audiophile Style site. I can't do that without a definite window of opportunity. Otherwise I'd just be the guy crying wolf and not following through.

TDA1541 is only a 16bit dac

176.4kHz x 16bit x 2 channels = 5.6448 MHz WCLK, no doubler needed up to 176kHz.

Does TDA1541 have a mode with parallel data input? then you might get up to 352.8kHz, I'm not sure.

I think No because max clock rate stated as 6Mbp/s. But TDA1540 can go (i tried it, nos offcourse), as 12Mbb/sec (double) is stated in the datasheet?

Stephen1212b I think the squarer circuit you refer to is iancanada's SinePi. There is a group buy interest list now over on his FIFO thread. By better it is purpose built for FIFOPi. As such it attaches more solidly, has better support for multiple clocks, mix and match sine and square wave. He put a lot of effort into producing a clean signal to squeeze a last bit of performance from the clock.
Andrea appear to be banned by diyaudio, so future group buys a bit of a question right now. There are probably lots of these devices purchased that may never get used, so watch the swap meet for opportunities to grab one.

Disabled Account
Joined 2020
I was able to obtain possibly the last 5.6448 on possibly the last Andrea GB on this site.

It remains untouched, but I do try to plan to use since I'm deep down the rabbit hole. If I find a way out of the rabbit hole, then that's the only reason I would offload but there's like a <5% chance of that happening.

I possibly had the option to back out of the original squarer circuit as Ian's SinePi was a twinkle in the eye, but to support Andrea's work I followed through with the original squarer circuit.

Andrea was even kind enough to make sure the 5.6448 and the original squarer was delivered securely. I didn't pay much attention to the delivery, but Andrea alerted me to it's impending delivery so it all worked out thanks to Andrea's thoughtfulness.

Hi A123,
If you decide not to continue down the rabbit hole I would gladly purchase your clock and squaring circuit. It may be some time before I will ever pry my clock back from my friend unless I can replace it. Since I mostly listen to 44.1 I was hoping to try out the 5.644 base rate clock and then trade my current 22.5792 for the 24.576 on loan so that I again will have both time bases. My friend upsamples everything to a fixed rate and alters the data with a multi-way crossover that performes better with the higher rate. I understand that the SinePi allows for different multipliers for each sample frequency family.

Does anyone have any further info on Andrea’s circumstances?

Disabled Account
Joined 2020
Hi A123,
If you decide not to continue down the rabbit hole I would gladly purchase your clock and squaring circuit. It may be some time before I will ever pry my clock back from my friend unless I can replace it. Since I mostly listen to 44.1 I was hoping to try out the 5.644 base rate clock and then trade my current 22.5792 for the 24.576 on loan so that I again will have both time bases. My friend upsamples everything to a fixed rate and alters the data with a multi-way crossover that performes better with the higher rate. I understand that the SinePi allows for different multipliers for each sample frequency family.

Does anyone have any further info on Andrea’s circumstances?

Hi @stephen1212b,

Some dominoes would have to fall before I consider:

1. Mouser accepts trade-in on my Super Caps ($200)
  2. I have like $300 of Super Cap boards on top of the LiFePO4 PS that are difficult to offload so I don't know how to handle this but just to stay the course or take a major loss.
But with the good news that Andrea is pushing forward with future GBs, it's likely we can skip this option.

I noticed you were the last to post (miss out) on the Pulsar Clock thread, so I'm glad you will not miss out on the 5.644 with the recent updated news.

How does your friend's McFiFo work to split into 6 DACs? Any sync issues?

Just curious as I exclusively use only Chord DACs. For car audio, you need time alignment and to separate source for low, mids and highs.

Does McFiFo allow this ability? Can I run a McFiFo and split into say 3 Chord DACs for low, mid and high similar to what your friend is doing with his home system?

Agree on 44.1, @wlowes and I adore redbook. Amazing world of masterings you cannot find on > 44.1 and likely will never be on > 44.1. Plus optimal if you run 5.644 as you can keep things tight and minimal along with being the best performing clock in this category.

Last edited:
A123
Perhaps we should move this to PM as you might see on Ians latest group buy I am also looking at super caps and LifePo.

My friend routes the audio from JRiver into a Reaper, applys the linear phase EQ courtesy of FabFilter Pro Q, and timing delays and level adjustments. 10 ch 24bit 96K over USB through MCHstreamer becomes 8 ch I2S and 2 ch SPDIF for the subs. I2S is reclocked by Ian's MCFIFO using WTclock now as reference. All the crossover and other modifications to the split stream are currently at 96K Hz. The additional time delay from the the McFifo is adjusted for compared to the sub channels that are fed directly from the SPDIF outputs of the MCHstreamer. You could almost think of it as the equivalent of a 28 bit system. Think it through.

Disabled Account
Joined 2020
@stephen1212b

Oh, your seeking Super Cap parts.... Let me get back to you via PM in 24-48 hours while I consider... Mouser had approved my trade-in during the summer, but I punted. There's a decent chance Mouser will approve my trade-in again due to Supply Shortages. Or if your interested in the Maxwells...

I have been on break on this site and haven't gotten back into the groove yet so need a bit of time to digest. I'll try to look into your posts on Ian's thread, but that thread is a dumpster fire since I have been gone during the Summer.

I'll try to drill down specifically to your posts in 24 hours. Can't think audio ATM.