• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Group buy

D

Deleted member 537459

all this is going off topic, however I have tried to explain it in my own way after a couple of years of rehearsal and counter rehearsal, blind rehearsals in various implants with different ears, probably not existing in rational speech. but wrapped up and in thick audio, numbers and measurements aren't everything.
For all clarification we can send pm

Attachments

• Connect_01.jpg
    Connect_01.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 433
  • Connect_02.jpg
    Connect_02.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 425
  • Connect_03.jpg
    Connect_03.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 408
I added another document (part VII) that explains how to connect oscillators, frequency doublers and sine to square converters to Ian's FifoPi.

There are 2 options to feed the FifoPi with 22.5792 and 24.576 MHz.

The first is:
- TWTMC-DRIXO 22.5792 MHz
- TWTMC-DRIXO 24.576 MHz
- TWTMC-STS-SX
- TWTMC-STS-DX
- TWRPS-UGL

The second is:
- TWTMC-DRIXO 5.6448 MHz
- TWTMC-DBM 5.6448 Mhz to 11.2896 MHz
- TWTMC-DBM 11.2896 Mhz to 22.5792 MHz
- TWTMC-DRIXO 6.144 MHz
- TWTMC-DBM 6.144 Mhz to 12.288 MHz
- TWTMC-DBM 12.288 Mhz to 24.576 MHz
- TWTMC-STS-SX
- TWTMC-STS-DX
- 2 x TWRPS-UGL

Hi Andrea,
is it correct to say that (considering that fifoPI will work with a 5.6448MHz clock) one could simply choose:

- TWTMC-DRIXO 5.6448 MHz

and have the best noise figures?

Am I on time for the GB ? :eek:
Thanks

Hi Andrea,
is it correct to say that (considering that fifoPI will work with a 5.6448MHz clock) one could simply choose:

- TWTMC-DRIXO 5.6448 MHz

and have the best noise figures?

Am I on time for the GB ? :eek:
Thanks

Hi,

you can run the FifoPi with a single TWTMC-DRIXO 5.6448 MHz but you need at least the sine to square converter board (TWTMC-STS- SX or TWTMC-STS-DX).
Finally you need a clean power supply 12 to 18 VDC (16-17 VDC recommended).

Now I have no 5.6448 MHz crystals, I should receive them at the end of May.
I ordered a few more pieces, so you are in time for the next delivery at early June.
If you are interested please send me the filled order form.

Hi,

you can run the FifoPi with a single TWTMC-DRIXO 5.6448 MHz but you need at least the sine to square converter board (TWTMC-STS- SX or TWTMC-STS-DX).
Finally you need a clean power supply 12 to 18 VDC (16-17 VDC recommended).
Ok.
Was thinking about 5x Lifepo4 =16.5V

Now I have no 5.6448 MHz crystals, I should receive them at the end of May.
I ordered a few more pieces, so you are in time for the next delivery at early June.
If you are interested please send me the filled order form.

Interested. I will wait, no problem :)

The order form is the excel sheet in Post 1 ? Or is there another Post to download from?
Thanks

Bartb, I too decided to run only 44.1 on my system. I am using a single 5MHz WTMC with the FIFOPi and the combination is excellent. With battery power you should have the best possible. In my case, everything a TDA1541a DAC could have been in 1990. Except for the Rpi, everything in my system is from 40 years ago. Amazing how good Redbook can sound with this clock/FIFO.

Bartb, I too decided to run only 44.1 on my system. I am using a single 5MHz WTMC with the FIFOPi and the combination is excellent. With battery power you should have the best possible. In my case, everything a TDA1541a DAC could have been in 1990. Except for the Rpi, everything in my system is from 40 years ago. Amazing how good Redbook can sound with this clock/FIFO.

Incidentally I have a very similar setup but with 4xTDA1543 !

I don't want to open a can of worms here :rolleyes: so I will just say that our Dutch friends knew a thing or two about audio :D

Disabled Account
Joined 2020
I ordered 3 more 5.6448 MHz crystals and finished boards, 2 of them are virtually gone (reserved from a couple of members, I'm waiting for the filled order form).

So 1 pcs left at early June.

It's okay if I miss out, I can wait for the next GB as I only have 1% knowledge in these products.

If you do have 1 left, please reserve 5.6448 MHz and finished board. I can learn on the go without researching.

I will start filling out the order form. But it's perfectly fine if you can't make it happen.