• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Group buy

GB update

The semi-finished boards are arriving in the next days.

The finished boards should be delivered at the end of February, the manufacturer notified a delay on sourcing the Mini-Circuits parts.
I have contacted MC asking for a earlier delivery and I'm still waiting for a reply.

The transformer kits should arrive at the half of February.

Laptech has just notified the crystals delivery date as the end of March.
I have asked them for a earlier delivery and I'm waiting for a reply.

GB update

The semi-finished boards are arrived.

The finished boards should be delivered within the next week, the manufacturer notified a delay on sourcing some parts to build the TWTMC-STS and the TWTSTS-FSDO.

The transformer kits are arrived.

Crystals should arrive within the end of March except for the Sc-Cut at 6.144 MHz, Laptech has just notified a delay (at least a pair of weeks).

I apologize for the delay, I will ship as soon as I receive the items.

Now we are testing the firmware and the software of the FIFO Lite, then we will test the DAC Lite.

The FIFO Lite will be tested with several DACs, I have already got some boards:
- Ian's Dual Mono ES9038Q2M DAC (true sync mode)
- DDDAC1794
- TPA Buffalo-IIIsePro38 (pure sync mode)
- PCM1794 cheap DIY board
- Audiophonics ESS ES9038Q2M DAC Module (async)
- Audiophonics ESS ES9028Q2M I2S DAC Module Board (sync with DPLL)
- PCM1704
- AD1862
- PCM63
- TDA1541A

Maybe we will provide a DAC board with the AD5791.

I think it will take a pair of months.

Last edited:
Yes, I will start a separate thread for the DAC Lite as soon as it's ready.

I attach a picture of the tube buffer I'm using.

Attachments

• TWTTB.jpg
    TWTTB.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 430
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Anrea,

is the output impedance of the discrete DAC that high you need an output buffer?

I ask, as a tube amplifier (even at gain = 1x) is a complex and expensive element in the whole audio chain and the sound of tube amplifiers can have very different characters.

That is why I like DACs with high output voltage with a passive I/V - it leaves it open after that to the user what follows (Transformer TVC, discrete or tube amplifier). An the user can decide what kind Parts he will use.

Hi Doede,

the output impedance of the DAC Lite is around 400 ohm so it can be used directly without any buffer.

The user can decide whether to use a buffer or not, and if so he can use any type of buffer (vacuum tube, bjt, jfet and so on).

I prefere vacuum tubes so I have built such kind of buffer.
Moreover it's a cathode follower so it should not add anything since there is no voltage gain.