The Weather

Coincidence with the 1800 industrial revolution, really?

Attachments

• 1374088243357.jpg
    1374088243357.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 143
Herd mentality and all that, keeps dragging everyone down. Only dead fish float with the flow.

The most effective way to impact the neighbourhood is "lead by example", I was one of the first in my area to get an electric car, now they're in abundance. Just ordered solar panels for my roof that are made entirely in Norway.

Drought = weather.
Flood = weather.

There's hardly any rain here, and I'm in effin' Norway!

There's hardly any rain here, and I'm in effin' Norway!
You dumped all your rain on us. Thanks that we libereated you in 1905!!!!

This summer has been very much OK, though we have had periods of heat, but we have had a few summers (since 2018?) with extreme temperatures, and wildfires as a result of draught.
But this summer, weather has been "acceptable", not that much rain and temperatures that has enabled the kids to go swimming.

Now we're hoping for a "normal" autumn, as too much rain will make the lake overflow and flood a handful of cities and communities on the lakeshores. As there's only one outlet, a river with loose clay river banks, a situation with rising water levels is hard to deal with, or as we say over here - plague or cholera.

(I have no means of getting me an electric car, but a 17 year little Peugeot that uses some 0.5-0.5 litres per 10km.)

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Total insolation as measured by watts per square meter is exceedingly stable is all I am saying so that there can be no confusion that it’s changes in Sun’s output causing weather changes (a claim made by some, no necessarily here :) ).

The CO2 greenhouse effect has increased the trapped re-radiated solar energy by just 2 Watts per square meter on a total of c. 1 kW per square meter at the equatorial surface. Sounds like nothing since it’s only 0.2%, but that’s 2 megawatts per square kilometer of additional energy trapped at the earths surface.

That’s just happened because we raised CO2 from 280 ppm to 409 ppm over the last 150 yrs.

Think about putting a 2 megawatt heater in the middle of a field :O

Last edited:
... We can talk about the weather. Climate has become an argument we don't need here.

Yeah, that started with insect biomass. The buzzsaw / dog day cicadas are singing like mad here, they seem to be as abundant as ever. And I'm seeing a few Monarch butterflies hanging around - I've made a point to plant flowers to attract them to the garden beds around the office the last few years and it looks to be paying off.

I'm not sure we have even hit 100F / 38C ambient air temp here - we had a week that was pretty warm, then it cooled back down, and it's been warm again the last few days, but it is supposed to T Storm and cool off again tomorrow afternoon. The last few weeks of August, early September, are usually the warmest around here.

The big question is, can Man prevent it or at least slow it down. That is what the discussion should be about.
They should control the climate so that tens of thousands death every year can be prevented but they don't. What could possibly be the reason?
Total insolation as measured by watts per square meter is exceedingly stable is all I am saying so that there can be no confusion that it’s changes in Sun’s output causing weather changes (a claim made by some, no necessarily here :) ).

The CO2 greenhouse effect has increased the trapped re-radiated solar energy by just 2 Watts per square meter on a total of c. 1 kW per square meter at the equatorial surface. Sounds like nothing since it’s only 0.2%, but that’s 2 megawatts per square kilometer of additional energy trapped at the earths surface.

That’s just happened because we raised CO2 from 280 ppm to 409 ppm over the last 150 yrs.

Think about putting a 2 megawatt heater in the middle of a field :O
Deja-vu again. Or should that be ré-deja-vu. :scratch2:

I adapted by building my house about 30% over and above coastal building code (which is very strict already)…..went through a cat 5 three years ago with just rain gutter damage.

Bring it I say, might wash some of these dang tourists out again…….they was gone at least a year after Michael :D

Last edited: