The Weather

We got 5.5 inches of snow here in north west Arkansas yesterday. 26 F right now. We might get another inch tomorrow.

I have been outside for most of the day making some "adjustments" in my deck with a Sawzall and a BFH. Just came inside for a break to thaw out.

I realized that this is the first time that I have worn shoes on my feet since the gym closed in March. I have a real shirt and gloves on too. Current temp is below freezing since the mud is solid and not even slippery. Depending on which forecast I look at, we will get from 3 to 8 inches of snow tomorrow and Thursday, then the real cold comes.

Reminds me of that homeless old guy in Calgary who never wore any shoes or boots all year round. I'd see him regularly begging down town with his feet all swollen and blackened from repeated frostbite during the winter but he'd be seen year after year for a long time with all his toes

We had a fella at work who was a "You-pppper" -- of Finn's extraction from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. He made a point of only wearing a suit jacket to work, even in a blizzard. Only guy in the group who owned galoshes.

WRT frostbite -- my uncle was a real, not TV, MASH doctor in Korea and most of the time he did amputations of toes lost to frostbite. The only place in the world he did not travel to after retirement was Korea.

Forecast here is 14-20 inches of white stuff.

DARN! Swedish Airforce performs a Christmas Tree formation flight every year. A week ago I missed the eight (Corona restrictions says - max 8 in an assembly) Jas 39 Gripen that flew above the clouds and minutes ago four TP 84 Hercules just missed the roof of my house.

This is an old tradition where the airbases all over SWeden show the gratitude to the tax payers by giving some Xmas feelings.

Classified information, look at the pics, but please don't read the text!

Look no snow! Here's the Hercules flying to next unexpecting town and do some rumble.

Attachments

• hercules.jpg
    hercules.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 95
One minute I see the rabbit chewing on some green grass &/or the old pot leaves, the next minute, a nice blanket of snow thanks to NW winds/Georgian Bay. Its looking like a white xmas this year.
My soon to be, step son is contemplating moving from Burnaby to Fort St. John, to find work and get out of the rat race. I'd say himself and the family are in for a weather surprise. I told him, in Ontario, you would be in the middle of Hudson Bay, competing with the polar bears :) God's country. I have been as far north as La Ronge Sask, boreal bush, jack pine, bugs and wild life

Last edited:
Round two....shoveled 3 to 4 inches off the front steps and walkway to the cars and the snow thrower, about 25 feet, and about 20 minutes. Despite being in flip flops and a t-shirt all body parts are intact and didn't go numb or turn blue.

My feet seem to be one of the warmest parts of my body. I can play in the show in flip flops or bare feet for an hour or more if it's not real cold or windy. My hands however, get cold easily and will warn me long before any other body parts are in danger of frostbite.

There is no wind right now and its right at 0 degrees C. The snow is still falling. It's supposed to end tomorrow morning, then start back up tomorrow night. If it does snow all night I will use the snow thrower tomorrow. I need to dig out my 110 foot driveway, and my neighbors 90 feet. Both are 20 feet wide.

We are about 10 miles west of the southwest corner of Pennsylvania. TV pictures of eastern Pennsylvania show similar snowfall amounts, but it's about 10 degrees colder there and windy.