The Weather

It hit 71F here today! Started to put in the new furnace. Way more complicated than the previous water heater/furnace. Requires me to change my heat distribution panel swapping the hot send to be above the cold return, add a back flow preventer, add two expansion tanks and put in an "air valve" that doesn't seem to be available even from McMaster Carr!

Goal is to have it mounted to the wall and have the natural gas line connected tomorrow.

Actual water line plumbing will take a bit longer as I found a fair number of the pipes almost clogged with minerals.

It hit 71F here today

72 here, with lots of wind. I finally got to open the windows and swap out the stale dry air for some fresh wet air...….lots of wet.

I've had it in for geese ever since college.

We had a pair of white geese on the lake where I grew up in Miami. They sounded a lot like my younger brother when he was first learning how to play the sax.

The infield of the running track where I often go for a walk to get away from the workbench or computer is large, 4 baseball diamonds, 3 soccer fields, a sand volleyball pit, and about the same amount of grass field. This time of year there are a few hundred Canadian geese living there. Do not be downrange from them when the drunken redneck in the neighboring trailer park sends his dog out to chase them. Those geese are carrying bombs that tend to get released on take off when there is a large dog approaching quickly.

Weird weather everywhere.
Rained all day yesterday, started freezing rain last night, now a blanket of snow on the ground, I think we covered at least three seasons in 24 hours. The river across the street looks like the spring thaw, no wonder the sump pump is running every 5-10 minutes.
Goose "A" bombs :) Glad they like the neighbors lawn over mine.

We woke up to several inches of fresh snow on the lawn, and in the trees, this morning.

By afternoon that had turned to sullen grey rain, which is slowly turning the snow into icy slush.

It's supposed to get really cold (for this part of BC) next Tuesday (-9 Celsius, "feels like" -15 Celsius, which is +5 Fahrenheit.) We'll see.

-Gnobuddy

It was just over freezing here north of Seattle when it began to snow earlier today.
So now it’s probably dropped below as the evening has arrived, and will be a partially frozen mess in the morning. Things will mostly shut down until it melts from the hilly neighborhoods.

Most of the year it’s 45 and raining lightly, so this is our winter, and is about like the spring thaw throughout the east coast and Midwest.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
While here in NH, we were in the 50s yesterday and made it above 60F today (that's above 15C)...

North of Portland the heat faded. DownEast coast topped at 51. (But this is ON the now-cool ocean; inland at Bangor they hit 55.)

All that heat messed-up the ice storm that was scheduled. We are nearly ice-free, instead of power lines down.

22 at the moment. Chill, dark, but exactly "normal" for this time of year.