The Weather

Severe temperature swings, substantial budding out in February at northern lattitudes, the weather that's being reported. Bad signs relative to global climate change. I once thought I wouldn't see much change in my lifetime, but things are not going well in that regard...

70's all winter here , besides that 2 day "arctic vortex". Looks like 70's
and 80's for the next 2 weeks. The whole southeast US is becoming
north Florida. I used AC here 3 days ago. House was 86F inside.

Gulf of mexico is in the 70's , It seems all precipitation events are magnified.
Every rainstorm is 10cm. 2C adds massive thermal energy to the gulf
of Mexico which equals 20%+ extreme precipitation events all the way
into Canada.Cause and effect is hard to deny.

OS

Wow! That was a crazy video, the toddler looked pretty confused when the strange lady grabbed the box away. Gotta teach em young, eh?
Looked more like food perhaps, more than consumer electronics as in the latter part of the video.
What you saw in that video is called human nature. We all have it to some degree or another. That guy with plumber's crk would be enough to repel me across the room. It's not worth saving a few bucks! :Ohno:

Easy to prevent drastic global warming in your lifetime. Try eating your five meals a day at fast food restaurants.

Better strategy is not just voting, but actually donating some time, effort or money to the political process.

I've been working indirectly in politics for most of my life, at times paid, but entirely in non-profits advocating primarily on environmental issues. Now I donate my time and try to stay engaged to a degree. But in fact that's why I am now pretty cynical (though I still always vote).

Oh, and we (wife and 2 kids) only eat at fast food once or twice a year on our 2 day drive to paddling adventures in Canada. Oh well...

when it rains snowflakes from the sky. You must go out for a walk.

My "walk" involves an exercise known as "snow shovel repetitions" and I have done far too many of them lately. Several inches of snow came Sunday. Rained all day yesterday, melting most of the snow and raising the creeks and the Ohio River to the danger zone. It rained all night last night putting the creek into my back yard. Now they are talking about 1 to 2 more inches of rain / ice / snow mix which will make for a real mess.

Try eating your five meals a day at fast food restaurants.

I try to go to the gym almost every morning early. There is maybe 2 to 5 other people there at the time. To get there I pass a "golden arches" establishment where the parking lot is full and the line has backed up into the street causing a traffic jam........and they wonder why West Virginia is such an "unhealthy" state?

More along the lines of (semi direct translation):
You shall not sit home and be giant angry when it rains snowflakes from the sky. You must go out for a walk.

No giant fish involved, sorry.

Norwegians and Swedes have a love/hate relationship. I guess thare are as many anecdotes in Norway about stupid Swedes as there are anecdotes in Sweden about our neigbor in the West.
One kind of Swedish joke is about "Norwegian" made-up words, and trying to mimic the Norwegian language, which (most often) is very much like Swedish.
Many words up here in W Sweden, that are dialectical are actually Norwegian words.

So my "almost made up" phrase suggested our hero from Telemark (you've seen that good movie, haven't you) to stop sitting at home being VERY grumpy about the snow-fall and instead go skiing.

Over here, two hours from Oslo it's Spring.