• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

The sound of... tubes !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cobra 2
That is heavy, 200lbs, The first amp I built was only 95lbs, I thought that was heavy! There is a 100watt monoblock which only uses 2 EL34's in the book by E. Rodenhuis called Valves for Audio Frequency Amplifiers printed by Audio Amateur Press. It also gives you the wiring diagrams for the power transformers chokes and output transformers also all the measurements. I have the book.Should make a good powerful amp. Regards.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Weight...make good amps / iron really expensive to ship...to where I'm living. Unless someone can tow them trafos behind a freightship...

The good thing; they are (almost) theft-proof.

BTW, I have decided to make a long story shorter, and bought a restored & updated Dynaco ST70 here:
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstube&1173822896

If I get the taste of it...I will jump into over my head again.

Arne K

Good iron might still be cheaply availble from those Eastern Europe boys. After all its almost current technology over there. Postage is usually reasonable from that area.
A road trip might even be in order.

The Dynaco looks like a good cheap purchase.

Shoog

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.