The simplistic Salas low voltage shunt regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Can't measure that, takes super gear. Theoretically in simulation is under 1mOhm , but in reality, cabling and layout, just any connection, ups it enough. In the milis range in general. Some. Maybe 10. Remote sensing keeps it at best practical low. Sims again show it to keep it almost flat in the audio range.

!

Current situation! There is one mistake on the board...

Attachments

• P1260080_resize.JPG
    P1260080_resize.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 578
When about to test, and on what client audio circuit?

Watch out, tomorrow I can install IRFP transistors and Vref Development Board, then I can search by catalog capacitors of 2200uF and to order, capacitors can get a week and can for a month, depending on where the orders, Farnell or Digikey ...Then transformer orders ... and all of the total, while not completed we will need about a month or two.:D

Can't find say Nippon Chemicon in Belgrade in a shop? Trafomatica makes excellent Tx also. Is still Kosta Matejic in KORATO in that theatre school square, to the left side? They used to have stuff there.

Generally, all hold Jamicon capacitors, there are over 85 and 105 degrees! I've had in the house Panasonic FC 100uF 63V and 47uF 63V FC, I want the same Panasonic FC, or some similar for 2200uF. Maybe i have some Chem con in stores, but as I said, I want Panasonic FC, or some similar...

For transformer...Buying from trafco! Trafco Home Page I

I do not know Kosta, I never contacted him.

Hello Salas,
I'd like to know if the Shunt and CCS can be modded for use with a load requirement of around 400mA, Vin(20)-Vout(12/10)Vdc positive rail?
FYI, if you have access to Digikey, Signal Transformer makes an excellent tranny for these apps. The LP series, best of both, toroidal and EI core.
Thank You,
W

I know Trafco too. Adequate quality. Trafomatic did double C audio output also and is known for them. Good quality/price ratio. Here is a Trafco box hold open by an E80CC for door stop.:D

Wow a E80CC.... seriuos stuff! I have several Philips SQ waiting for a nice design ;)

I googled Trafomatic with no success. Only mentioned in Serbian and Polish forums (I guess), no web site found

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hello Salas,
I'd like to know if the Shunt and CCS can be modded for use with a load requirement of around 400mA, Vin(20)-Vout(12/10)Vdc positive rail?
FYI, if you have access to Digikey, Signal Transformer makes an excellent tranny for these apps. The LP series, best of both, toroidal and EI core.
Thank You,
W

Easily, just a matter of choosing the trafo secondary AC right, setting the CCS resistor for more than the load, adjusting the Vref, calculating the dissipation and sinks.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Wow a E80CC.... seriuos stuff! I have several Philips SQ waiting for a nice design ;)

I googled Trafomatic with no success. Only mentioned in Serbian and Polish forums (I guess), no web site found

Trafomatic - production of toroidal transformers / izrada transformatora
Trafomatic Audio

The CEI one you see in the pic is Philips SQ. I prefer it to the famous Siemens, that I have and compared. Both much better than 12AU7 and better enough than 12BH7 in purpose designed phase splitters mainly.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
:p

Is the kit offerred by Ikoflexer the current version?
Group Buy Interest Page

Perhaps a couple of hints as to what "R" needs adjusting.
My PS.... PT's secondary > FWBR> CLC> 19-20Vdc.
Can the CCS be used stand alone, without the shunt regulator?
Thanks,
Wheezer

If you read the thread you will see that R1 sets the current Iccs=VacrossR1/R1, a Zener or Leds or some resistor can be the fixed Vref. Yes the CCS can be used alone in other applications. I suggest you read -using-hypnotize-general-shunt-reg-pcb for a compact example guide.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.