The simplistic Salas low voltage shunt regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
is 10 day that I dont hear music ,first impression ,so and so ,a little delusion rispect all stuff I put in the amp....

separate trafo for driver
dual mono psu with kG Super Through
dual mono Salas shunt (to do r6 mod)
dual mono psu for pw, pana to KG gold and stealth diode,duoble the size
all psu wire supra ,and supra ply for speakers ,mundorf for internal signal
lower bias for summer 825ma to 675ma :(

I have lost my personal loved balance in the female voice, little dry with little more sibilance , but There is better details and clean sound ,better bass, no gain in hopes sound stage

need some burn in ,and for me... r6mod and more tantalium resistor ;)

Frank

under 500w rcore and toroid-psu driver

Attachments

• p1010047.jpg
    p1010047.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,115

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
Monstrous heat sinks! I likey! :smash:

Edit: just got back from the Luminato festival, a week long festival of concerts and other artsy stuff in Toronto. Saw some great guitar playing today, and boy, the sound there, it kills all my audio stuff. Well, live concert beats everything, AFAIC. And tomorrow .... Sonny Landreth, a legend of slide guitar. And it's for free :D

Thanks a lot Salas !!

now after 10h burn in and found R L resersed :smash: all sound sweet !
the Shunt do a lot of microdetail/separation note ,es: on vinyl Lonestar Norah J the separation on mirror voice are stunning ,I can see it:)

and platter are more estended but sweet

I have strange more static/pop :confused:

PS offset 0,5ma:cool:

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
If you cut the 4 1k 550/560 load resistors and join g,s on 4 2SKs, you can use them instead of those resistors. Drain on V+ for positive, drain on 560 collector for negative. You must watch the Centigrade on the BCs. I would prefer the GRs. Franky I like, and it will sound smoother and opener with that mod.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.