The Phonoclone and VSPS PCB Help Desk

RJM understood. When everything is assembled kit will prove to C3 and capacitor PIO. I have seen on Ebay. You've told me that shopping on Ebay are not safe quality. But where I live I have no other way to shop online.
If anyone can recommend me to buy 2.2uF capacitor PIO secure quality, I appreciate it. (If I keep costs argregando I think at the end get to the value of a Phonocube 4712)
Regards.

As can no doubt see from your sim, increasing R5 adds a "bump" in the mid-bass response around 50-60 Hz. You are welcome to try increasing the resistance to 800k. This is only a ~5% (i.e. within the spread of the capacitance values) increase and the change in the response will be just-barely audible.

Basically, you are partially compensating for the (supposed) slightly lower than expected capacitance values. That's assuming your meter can measure to better than 2-3% absolute accuracy... which if its made by Fluke or hp we can imagine it does. If it is some random piece of $15 junk you picked up off Ali Express its trustworthyness for accuracy is basically zero.

Sorry, was Alliexpress
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind partsconnexion. Regards.

RJM understood. When everything is assembled kit will prove to C3 and capacitor PIO. I have seen on Ebay. You've told me that shopping on Ebay are not safe quality. But where I live I have no other way to shop online.
If anyone can recommend me to buy 2.2uF capacitor PIO secure quality, I appreciate it. (If I keep costs argregando I think at the end get to the value of a Phonocube 4712)
Regards.
2u2F in MKP is small and affordable.
You don't need to go to exotic types.
FKP will be bigger and more expensive, but in my opinion is as far as one needs to go for a quality signal passing capacitor.
BUT most importantly make sure the capacitance VALUE is selected to PASS all the audio signal.

Last edited:
Hello AndrewT. The kit comes with a 2.2 uF axial tubular MPT, Audiocap Rapport.
My desire is to replace K75-10 2.2 uF.
2 2 uf 500 V Matched Russian Hybrid Paper in Oil PIO Audio Capacitors K75 10 | eBay

You can improve performance ?.
It is not obsession, but once I've invested in this kit, but all accessories (boxes, toroidal; connectors; costs of shipment, etc, which together come close to the cost of a Musical Fidelity - V90-LPS or PRO-JECT - PHONO BOX S), added to the good reputation it has, I would like to get the most performance possible and I'm sure will exceed those mentioned ..
I measured the resistors and capacitors (Fluke) and really both channels are matched and very close to the circuit values.
I will take time but it will be in Show (ha ha ha). Regards.

Hello AndrewT. The kit comes with a 2.2 uF axial tubular MPT, Audiocap Rapport.
My desire is to replace K75-10 2.2 uF.
2 2 uf 500 V Matched Russian Hybrid Paper in Oil PIO Audio Capacitors K75 10 | eBay

You can improve performance ?.
It is not obsession, but once I've invested in this kit, but all accessories (boxes, toroidal; connectors; costs of shipment, etc, which together come close to the cost of a Musical Fidelity - V90-LPS or PRO-JECT - PHONO BOX S), added to the good reputation it has, I would like to get the most performance possible and I'm sure will exceed those mentioned ..
I measured the resistors and capacitors (Fluke) and really both channels are matched and very close to the circuit values.
I will take time but it will be in Show (ha ha ha). Regards.

I have a few 3-4) Russian PIO OTK K73-16, 160V, 2.2uf 5% that I'd be happy to send you if you think that they'd be a step up. I'm using them in a Phonoclone and think they are fine. No charge unless shipping from the US is outrageous.

Thanks Wintermute. I am grateful for your offer. I'm wondering how you arrange the payment.I miamibox have a suite in Miami, Florida.
If you think good, I send private message.
I meant I did not understand the question Carlp.
Regards.

I was simply saying that people who build their own audio (and use DIYAudio) seem to be very generous.

¿Hablas espanol? Si no me comprendes, ni importa. Solamente dije que la gente aqui son muy generoso. Wntrmute2 te ofrece los capacitors gratis.

Hello.It appears again, this time to show progress. The phono stage already completed. The lack PSU aluminum box, which thanks to this blessed country of the third world (mine), is not yet available in the mail (The purchase was !!!!!!!!! 01/09/2015) .
Greetings and then i will tell you how it sounds. Joseph.

Sorry but not up photos. A pity

Last edited:
Those are the photos.

Attachments

• DSC_0474.JPG
    DSC_0474.JPG
    698.2 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC_0476.jpg
    DSC_0476.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_0480.JPG
    DSC_0480.JPG