The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Was fishing and taking pics yesterday. A pair of dachshunds were there.

I left a lens lying on a tuft of grass, and remembered approx where. Those slimey weiners had been rooting around like pigs and all but buried it....took 30 mins to find! f'ing draught excluders!:mad: :headshot:

LOL!!! Dachshunds are boogers!!! :D:D:D

I'm still swinging for tree branch to tree branch in family tree and trying to trace out Irish side of things...... Man - it seems like they spent all of their time drinking and making babies!!!! Well - I guess that things haven't changed that much - but most of them had like from seven to thirteen kids!!! WoW!!! :eek:

Attachments

• Dachshund - coming out of a hole.JPG
    Dachshund - coming out of a hole.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 109
  • fishing 3.jpg
    fishing 3.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 112
LOL!!! Dachshunds are boogers!!! :D:D:D

I'm still swinging for tree branch to tree branch in family tree and trying to trace out Irish side of things...... Man - it seems like they spent all of their time drinking and making babies!!!! Well - I guess that things haven't changed that much - but most of them had like from seven to thirteen kids!!! WoW!!! :eek:

F'ing boozers....all they are good for!:spin::cool:

Joined 2011
Paid Member
C2. Are you in to ancestry research, genealolgy, family history? Maybe I have missed earlyer posts.

Theres some TV show that I happend to see one o two times. Its about Yanks coming here and the show crew traces their Swedish ancestors and its remarkable what they dig up and amazing to see how happy thhe people become when they get to see the old farms, houses, small Towns etc where their ancestors lived.

Stupidly enought theres a TV show so there have to be a competition involved.

Well - it looks as though the parallel development of water powered turntables as pondered upon by c2c and my goodself have had their comeuppance!:mad:

A 'hotter' version has been developed and appears to work:

Steampunk: Steam-Powered Turntable Puts The Retro In Cool! | Audio Tweak
:cool:

[You can see the effect is great as the records appear to warp more every time it is fired up!:flame::flame::headbash: Can't find a smiley for "shot oneself in the foot" :D:D

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
C2. Are you in to ancestry research, genealolgy, family history? Maybe I have missed earlyer posts.

Hi Stajo,

I am finding out quite a bit about past family history. I never knew my grandfather or his line but now I have traced him and his ancestors and have found a 3rd cousin!!! So - iz interesting!!!

Just received DNA results that confirm Irish - Italian and various other mutt blood lines - including some Scandinavia..... Despite family rumors there does not appear to be any American Indian but I do have a great grandmother that is from Mexico around the 1850's.

Doing this ancestry research stuff is pretty crazy because every time I find a relative to add they bring in a bunch of others too!!! It's driving me nuts!!! :rofl:

Attachments

• Ethnicity Estimate for Thomas.gif
    Ethnicity Estimate for Thomas.gif
    99.7 KB · Views: 89
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Talking about bitchslapping. I had the entire quarnival of family trash here this weekend. Sis with dual kidos plus some kind of hangaround from northern lumberjack territories. They, like 13-14, went for some boyband (Bastille, Pastille...?). Futher on the yearold boy with my offspring came along and made a mess. I almost vacuumed popcorn from the ceiling after they went at noon today. After that, biatshslap would have been the melody. I had to hang around with the laundry guy tho. Trying to compensate with some Winter ales but they are slow man.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Well - it looks as though the parallel development of water powered turntables as pondered upon by c2c and my goodself have had their comeuppance!:mad:

I did see that steam powered TT awhile back Brian - it really is great. I used to have a little steam engine model like that when I was around 10 y/o - and the good news is that I came out of the experience scar and burn free - and the house was still standing too!!! Not that we didn't have some close calls tho.... The chemistry set was the one that got me into a lot of trouble.... :rolleyes: