The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Thank you for the video about blue LEDs and their developer.
I enjoyed it despite my incomplete knowledge and my poor English.
I remember a long time ago when I first encountered red, later green LEDs those with such a languid glow.
They said it would never be possible to light with these.
And now when I sit in a car, the LED lights blind me the most from oncoming traffic.
An instructive story.
Never say never.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Dodos. Im investigating a DBX234xs for its noicyness and I get a P-P ripple of 10 mV on its 7815/7915 outputs. I know they are sheit but is that normal or is it indications on fault, maybe worn filtercaps or so? I lifted lid and measured, getting under the circuit board for caps etc will take me hours

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Good with a new weight when gluing stuff etc
image.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Equipped with REW and some locally imported pilsner urquell I gathered some clues around my new inverted setup today. I had dual subs added as well now. It more or less got along with my listening tests but one thing I discovered was that my old bio subs XTZ 99 W12S fell sharp under 30 Hz as soon as I had ports unplugged. So sealed box and volume cranked to max it is. Gonna listen for a few days now and settle my impressions and that go for some different crossover setups and also start to fiddle from scratch with damping in my tqwt boxes. Happy sunday everybody!

Just gotta share this. Using Qobuz and a good digital and D/A setup, simply an astonishing experience:

He was a viking, inspired by Jimi Hendrix. You can hear Norwegian folk tones in there too. Died tragically in the late nineties, after contributing to a bunch of great music. This one is from one of his solo albums, with his band.