The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Hey Dodos!
Although I'm quite good of destroying beers, I'm a little bit disappointed with myself.
Especially with my hearing.
I'm just testing my Double Balanced WHAMMY.
At this time, with headphones.
I've noticed a strange phenomenon, (not the first time) as I've listened to sine freq. sweeps on right and left, midpoint is dancing left and right, dependent of the frequency.
I've experienced it with years ago, but it is now more serious than was before.
You know, a year ago I have had a sudden hearing loss in my right ear.
It is almost gone, I'm very happy with it, really.
But I've noticed since then, my sound localizing properties became weaker.
It is certainly because there are more dip in my ear frequency response, at different frequency locations on right and left ear.
You know, a simple audiometry doesn't reveal this, because of wide steps in test frequences.
(125-250-500-750-1000-1500-2000-3000-4000-6000-8000 Hz are the most common test frequency steps.)
This is the case.
Well, apart from this, I can enjoy listen to music yet, so I stop to listen to sine-freq.-swepps, and back to listen music rather.
With some beers of course.

Kind regards,
and Happy New Year to all of you!

Wacky Gyuri

Here are some measurements of my Balanced WHAMMY:
(Top is the spectrum of test input, bottom is output of WHAMMY, left and right board)

YouTube

Attachments

• -WHAMMY_left_board.JPG
    -WHAMMY_left_board.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 128
  • -WHAMMY_right_board.JPG
    -WHAMMY_right_board.JPG
    268.7 KB · Views: 130
NO....I'm here! Only because I have a badly swollen and very painful foot - an attack of Gout!!! :mad: First one for about 18 months. Nothing to do but main-line silliness here! BUT the thread has been getting a little too intellectual over the past few months.....where are all of the real DODOes like Steenoe and Magura????

Interesting that this thread started over a Christmas period when the Illustrious ZM threw open his doors to all of the DoDos perishing out in the cold!

THAT WAS 10 YEARS AGO TODAY :cool:

An idea for another thread!! Private intellectual confessions and help line hosted and moderated by....well guess who! Our own inimitable :captain: ZM of course!
:worship::worship::worship: :)

GREAT NEW YEAR TO ALL

There's a classic car museum in Basel with a couple of lovely Messerschmitts. Well worth a visit if you're ever in the area.

When a teenager...more than 50 years ago...I had a friend with a Messerschmit 500cc FOUR wheel 'Tiger'. Back then they raced them quite seriously. I think that I mentioned in a post a few years ago in this thread two experiences in these 'machines'. One was a kerning it on a r.h. bend and tipping over so that the canopy would not open....a fire and we would have been roast....the other in the same 3 wheel version was travelling along flat out in newly fallen snow...the long wheelbase allowed the rear wheel to act as a rudder.

You need one on floats in Louth!

.....where are all of the real DODOes like Steenoe and Magura????

Interesting that this thread started over a Christmas period when the Illustrious ZM threw open his doors to all of the DoDos perishing out in the cold!

THAT WAS 10 YEARS AGO TODAY :cool:

GREAT NEW YEAR TO ALL

I'm here too, and I have been a dodo :) I noticed it was 10 years ago, also....
Just made this pair of amps for a friend, and he is jumping around in joy. He even bought me a bag of Belgian trappist beer :)
Dropbox - Symasym og B1 - Simplify your life
Its a pair of Symasym monoblocks, paired with papas B1. A perfect match.

Happy new year, everyone