The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

I have a couple of tools ready to tighten up 2019 and make sure that it runs right. :D:D:D

Yeah, I must tighten up some things in 2019 as well, but I must be cateful not to overtighten and screw up :D
But, I have the tools, the willingness...just need a bit of luck :D

Attachments

• 9781476542225.jpg
    9781476542225.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 227
Question:
What can I expect, if I take apart all of my finished Pass Amps, for precisely matching FETs.
Good Old New Aleph has if I can remember correctly total sum of 36 pieces IRFP240s.
Aleph 4 has total of 24 pieces of IRFP240.
Balanced F4 has 6 pc. IRFP240 and 6 pc.of IRFP9240 in one side, and has 6 pc. IRFP240 and 6 pc.of IRFP9140 at other side.
Would be a brutal suc!k, thwere is a real question, is it worth it?

Hello everyone,my name is André, I'm from Germany. I have a question for you experienced Threshold lovers: I run an Infinity IRS Beta with two SA/11m Monoblocks (European Version similar to SA/10e) for Mid-/Twt-Panels and a stereo SA/40s (similar to SA/e) for Bass columns. All amplifiers have an operating temperature of 58 ° C (high bias).Some time ago I read on the internet that if the bias is set high, the sound is soft and sweet. Of course I would like to achieve that in the Mid-/Twt-Panels as well. So the high operating temperature/ bias would be correct for the Monos.On the other hand, it has been reported that a lower temperature/ bias gives better dynamics and impact. But this would mean my Bass-Amp would be set incorrectly for my purpose.Does that correspond to your experiences?Does any of you have any experience / can give me a description of how to set the temperature / bias on a SA/11m (SA/10e) and / or SA/40s (SA/4e)?Thank you in advance for your answers.Kind regardsAndré