The Pass Monster?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hey Zero:

I've thought about selling mine many times, but I'm glad I keep talking myself out of it. Mine's only a single channel model. AP is only supporting the System Ones for four more years. I'd never be able to afford a new one.

I'm hoping the big guy will let me contribute to the big Zen, so I could get some REAL use out of it.:cool:

Mike

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Incidentally Grey,

Since you don't allow private email, I'll ask you here.

What exactly did I do to deserve your little dig today?

Check my posts and I think you find I've been supportive of you.

I'm just trying to get in on the fun here and enjoy the hobby.

There was a time when you championed that cause.

Maybe it's the lunar eclipse.:apathic:

mrothacher,
Yikes!
Apologies in triplicate. I didn't intend any sarcasm. If anything, I'm envious of folks who've got AP units--all I can afford is an HP 339.
I can see now that what I wrote might be taken as a slap, but I didn't mean it that way.
Paul,
Long time, no see. You'll be amused to know that I'm diddling with a headphone amplifier, of all things. As to missing sarcastic posts, I dunno. Guess the moderators used their magic scissors. I appear to have ruffled enough feathers as it is.
Or, as Piglet says,"Oh, dear, oh dear, oh d-d-d-dear!"

Grey

No egg on your face, man. It's on mine. Being an author, I'm supposed to be able to express myself clearly. So much for that theory.
Once upon a time, I caught a lot of flack for the length of my posts. Nowadays, I make shorter ones, mainly due to lack of time...but run the risk of being so terse that people don't fully catch my drift. Bummer. Compounding this is my aversion to using the little emoticons. Granted, a picture is worth a thousand words, but it goes against my grain to communicate in pictures since words are supposed to flow easily for me and I (clearly) need all the practice I can get.
Oh, well. Practice makes perfect.
Let me go do a couple of thousand-word posts as pennance.

Grey

P.S.: Okay, maybe later. I'm running a fever (the baby bestowed her germs on us big folk), and a pillow sounds like a good place for my head right now.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
To keep you in the loop, it looks to me like ZeroCool and
SmarmyBoy and I are going to build 6 channels (2 each)
and so far I see power supplies using two 1.9 KVA transformers
per channel and lots of 250 volt capacitors. I'm waiting to find
out how many of these capacitors we've got, but it appears
the voltages will give us peaks at around 2500 watts into 8
and 5 KW into 4. (This is not anywhere near being a promise).

:cool:

hifi said:
hummm...

6,5F@250V that is about 0,2MJ of stored energy. I belive some would call that macho... ;o)

/ Micke

Well the name of this project is the PASS MONSTER AMP so!!! there it be!!!

SHEESH thats 40x 9"x 3" cans per amp!!!! I think i had better revise my chassis layouts hahahahahah

these things are going to be 40" long by the time were done!!!

Im starting to like the idea of trailer hitch as it was suggested!!!

Zero :Pumpkin:

Ok so if Krell can claim 88 joules of storage capacity in there KSA-250 amp.....

How much does 1F of capacitance add up to be In Joules?

Granted, the Krell is a single chassis, and ours are going to be 2 piece mono blocks but eh...

Hmm i wonder how long an amp will run on 1F of capacitors after you pull the plug?

Zero :Pumpkin:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.