The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Yes - quality, that is build in a country with high living standards - cost more money ;) You also get much better specs, better software, 4 channels and more power :D
But I do see your point - if the Hypex will be that cheap :)

So how does being built in a country with high living standards make an amp better, and which specs are better in an audibly detectable way?

By "high living standards" - I think he is referring to wages in Denmark where the ground sound stuff is produced. However it really does not make sense to me since Holland (where hypex is produced) and Denmark are very comparable countries in a lot of ways - cost of labor being one of them.....

Is Hypex planning on making a large 3way plate amp? Something like 250-500 x 1 and 500 x 2?

I lied the MiniDSP model a while back and I believe that was 800 x 2 and 2400 x 1. I think. I dont need that much power but 1000watts on the low end would be nice. And even if I had a 2 channel plate amp in a high power configuration that would work.

Thanks to any who can help on the info.

...Holland (where hypex is produced)
Not exactly. Hypex says:
Hypex Electronics has its own production facility based in Malaysia. Furthermore, we also keep stock in warehouses in Hong Kong and in our headquarters in the Netherlands, to ensure fast delivery of goods.

R&D, planning, sales, support and logistics are facilitated from our headquarters in Groningen, the Netherlands.

Is Hypex planning on making a large 3way plate amp? Something like 250-500 x 1 and 500 x 2?

I lied the MiniDSP model a while back and I believe that was 800 x 2 and 2400 x 1. I think. I dont need that much power but 1000watts on the low end would be nice. And even if I had a 2 channel plate amp in a high power configuration that would work.

Thanks to any who can help on the info.

Largest i saw is 2x500 + 100w tweeter amps (500hz and up)

Outdoors. I can always go with a standard power amp but do like the plate amp option. So thats what I am looking at. I am sure indoors the smaller 3way would work just fine. I may even look at a plate amp with lesser power such as what will be offered and also have the option of a poweramp if more is needed.

I have done this before with a smaller setup. Used plate amp at lower volumes and at war volumes just used a couple of power amps.

Still have a ways do go but fully active is the way I am wanting to go. Just not a big fan of one power amp or more for a single channel.(L/R)

I stand corrected on the specs - since Hypex has not released any yet.

Yes - you can get cheap products in Denmark too - when they are designed in developed countries and build in poor ones. Just look at Lapgruppen vs Sanway.

If you include the difference in wages, taxes etc. - Denmark is 25% more expensive to buy food in, than Holland - but that may be OT.

So considering the total price of buying a complete system with the best drivers, cabinets and electronics. If you build your own speakers you save alot of money. All the numbers and drawings are all over the internet and drivers do not have to be extremely expensive to perform close to perfection - it's still room acoustics and the way drivers, filters and cabinet are matches, that really counts - IMO.

I do agree that 500 - well around 600€ in Denmark is my guess(taxes VAT incl.) - is a nice price for a neat little plateamp for an active speaker solution.

Well - people pay much more for a single stereo amplifier. We have people in Denmark paying 5300€ for a used CD-player or 8000€ for a streamer. So to get 4 amplifiers that we have tested against huge Marantz mono blocks, YBA, Vincent etc. combined with a top notch DSP - is not so bad.
But I'll leave you to it. Maybe one day I have to go this way, since I never know what the future brings. I'm just happy that the world is finally beginning to bring out more electronics for fully controlled active solutions, that can be used in more higher end gear, meaning less noise, hum, clicks and hassel.

Well, yes, there are people paying € 5 000 000 for a used car too... :)
Precisely ;)
Expensive gear is not for the many, but for the few who want to make something special and/or maybe even very good sounding systems :) Because some, do pay a lot, just or mostly for the looks :p
Even Beolab 90, can be viewed as "cheap" compared to some ridiculously expensive high end gear - because you get a complete, freshly well thought out and quite versatile package with B&O system - off course not DIY :D
But I do acknowledge that you can get very far, with very little money - if done right. One of my friends proved this many times:)
I'm not rich. I just take my time and use my money on the few things I think are important in a system. Almost everything else, I build/combine myself.
Groundsound used to offer af DCN23(2 in 3 out 110dB S/N, 76bit internal DSP resolution, latency 1ms and 12Vpp output), for not so much money, that combined with a good pre-amp and a bunch of smaller power amplifiers of personal choosing, could still create a superb active system. Using fx. speak-on, makes it easy to have multiple wires in one cable between amplifiers and speakers = less mess. I have heard combo's with the DCN23 and 24 many places with top of the line speaker drivers and cabinets and it performs great.

Specs, price and user guide on the hypex page, example of the 499 EUR top of the line product here:
hypex
Yes - some of them. Maybe it's not so important to state S/N ratio, gain, voltage output etc. in the name of real world audio quality - what we actually can hear, compared to what we can measure. But can we not agree, that there is missing some data for the time being?