The Metronome

Here is another pick

Attachments

• canadian2.jpg
    canadian2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 764
PAAAAAAAAAALEEEEEEEEEEEEZE.............................

There are only four stars in that flag.......:D

I wish I could buy some fostex, but they are just too expensive, I'd have too order them in from oz.

What do you think of Richard Allen?

I have spotted some 10inch....CG10's
I really like the shape of the Metronomes, but 10inch is probably still too big.

Brett

Here's some specks on them, but I'm not too sure that they are correct:

Fs- 58
Qms- 3.58
Qes- 0.63
Qt- 0.536
Vas- 2.63
Cms(M/N)- 5.34
Mms(gms)- 14.11
Bi(Wb/M)- 7.8

I have no idea what most of that means, but maybe if this helps someone a hell of lot more knowledgeable than me on the matter of speaker design, they might be able to give me some ideas on what i could do with these? If the metronomes are out of the question.

The tweeters are rubbish, so I will have to try and find something else to go with them.

regards

Brett.

Attachments

• cg10-2.jpg
    cg10-2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 779
Inspection

They are on the other side of the city, so it will be next weekend before I manage to get them. I will take some pics and post them up.

May have to use them as the miss's found out about my latest spend, and I have just had my butt kicked,.........:D
She's not to happy.......
So i'll get these home and wait a while before trying to spend more money.

Hi guys

Just an update on my own Metronome original versions.
These use a Fostex FE108EZ driver and up until yesterday needed a sub to flesh out the lower end. Not any more!

A tweak suggested by a fellow builder was to mount each cabinet on a hardwood base then spike that base to the floor. This allows the downward firing port to squeeze out the low frequencies through the base arches toward the listener rather than have them partially absorbed by the carpet beneath.

Suffice it to say I have now been able to retire the subwoofer and the speakers themselves have gained a useful degree of warmth into the bargain. Imaging is even better too. The base is even from top to bottom, no peaks anywhere that I can hear.

If you are running FE108EZ Metronomes on a wooden floor as most Americans will be then the mod might be unnecessary but the baseplate works a treat on a carpeted floor.

Why the hell I didn't think of this at the design stage is beyond me!

Steve.

Steve Cresswell said:
Hi guys

Suffice it to say I have now been able to retire the subwoofer and the speakers themselves have gained a useful degree of warmth into the bargain. Imaging is even better too. The base is even from top to bottom, no peaks anywhere that I can hear.

If you are running FE108EZ Metronomes on a wooden floor as most Americans will be then the mod might be unnecessary but the baseplate works a treat on a carpeted floor.

Why the hell I didn't think of this at the design stage is beyond me!

Steve.

any chance for the picture? gychang