The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)

You do realize that, after waiting all this time, you will be bored when this is over?

In between listening sessions, what will you do? ;)

That's what I thought too. :D

I guess there's always fiddling around with tapered 'crossovers', delay networks, and the like. He could always enabl all the drivers. That would take some time. ;)

BTW, nice job, the look great...

Last edited:
Testing the R8 fillets on the 6mm thick front baffle:
front1.jpg

This was after a light quick polish. I'm happy with the result. The fillet is exactly as planned in my drawings:
uitsparing-b.jpg

After a little more polishing:
front2.jpg

So far I am pleased. This is going to work.

excuse the phone quality pictures

Last edited:
Yes, bare aluminium for now, just like in the rendering. The stands were polished a year ago and still look stunning today. Maybe if I have money again I'll think about anodising them clear.
Right now, everything I do is on a very tight budget. I'm broke.... :D
Luckily I have all the parts I need already, just need more time to get it all together.
impression2.jpg

(well, maybe a little less shiny, you know, like real polished aluminium)

Last edited:
so I just joined this forum yesterday, and I started looking around at peoples projects this morning. These line arrays are absolutely mind blowing. I can only imagine the perseverance and patience and endurance required to do something like this. Even just from reading this thread, I almost cried when I saw the crack. If these things sound and image half as well as they look, you will truly have an excellent pair of speakers.

Wesayso - you should print your renderings and current satus and showcase/ask for anodized job sponsor...seriously. :)

Seriously good suggestion :up:

The actual cost of anodizing is quite low. Easy enough todo at home, but at this size scale not so. So the actual cost to the sponcer would be low, while return on investment is very high. Nothing beats free advertising once the bartering is factored in.