The food thread

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I treated everyone to take-out sushi, tempura, etc. last night for dinner.

12:30am rolls around and I wake up soaked with sweat and not feeling too cheerful. I was restless for about 10 minutes, but I knew what was coming. Okay, time to get it over with...

A restaurant only has to give me food poisoning once. One strike and you're out.

no bad fish here :D

went out overnight

Attachments

• 20200805_141529_001.jpg
    20200805_141529_001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 76
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Sorry to hear about your adventure Cogitech. Got more or less the same from cold chain not respected in a 'brasserie' yesterday. Spent the whole day between bed and toilets...
Not wise to poison a colleague: I will warn my own clients and the restaurant owner will hear about me.
That is one of the reason i only work with fresh ingredients, decided to discard some ingredients which are potentially hazardous and follow haccp rules (as much as possible).

Of course sometimes sh.t happen but...

Nice fish!, is that a Mahi-Mahi on the child's hands? I love the taste of that fish.

yes mahi.....we snapped off a couple twice that size :cuss:

Dog nabbit Bob get that fish on ice. ;)
don't panic cal. .. .that's how you do it.....straight from the fish box on the boat, toss on the dock, quick pic, straight to the 300qt icey tech cooler on the tailgate.
ain't the first rodeo ;)

Magnus, it costs roughly $1200 in fuel and bait to go on a trip like that......if it's legal it's going on ice!

Last edited:
I should make something special for me today, but have to be at the pacemaker check-up at the hospital tomorrow, so a pizza will work perfectly.

On the theme of food poisoning I must say it is terrible. I had digested a larghe amount of bread with bad olive oil in Turkey many years ago and after a day and a night I collapsed and was rushed to a hospital where I recovered after a night. I was dry as a raisin as I couldn't keep a single drop of water ... :dead:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Cogitech you are absolutely right.
I think ( but not sure) it was a piece of meat which made me sick and i don't like raw meet so it was cooked ( no blood in there).
Same thing you described happen when you broke cold chain: nasty bacteria develops and contaminate food and it happen quickly ( 30* celsius for not very long is all you need).
I don't understand they didn't discard your unagi! What is the point to poison your clients? Greedyness?

Soundbrigade, i agree this can be terrible. I once had a travel to hospital after some 'chinese ravioli' from a 'restaurant' in Paris. I though i was going to die despite i was young and healthy: 3 days of nightmare. I hope never experience that again.